Expired: Now through 3/9/18: Subscribe to the DIgital Edition of The Wall Street Journal For Two Months For $1 & Get 1,000 United Miles

• Global Moderator

The Offer

Direct link to offer

United is offering 1,000 United miles when you purchase a two-month Wall Street Journal subscription for $1

The Fine Print
    The trial subscription purchase must be made between March 5, 2018 at 12:01am Eastern Time through 11:59 pm Eastern Time on March 9, 2018 and must remain active (i.e., may not be cancelled) for at least 45 days.

There are no refunds of the $1.00 trial subscription fee.

If the Member does not cancel the trial subscription by the end of the two month trial subscription period, Member’s subscription will automatically convert to a monthly subscription, and Member’s credit card will be charged based on the terms found on the WSJ offer page.

Offer is limited to one (1) trial subscription per United MileagePlus account number.

Please see the MileagePlus Shopping mall site for details on product eligibility and/or any coupon code details or other usage restrictions.

Key aspect with this offer is that you can’t cancel within the first 45 days otherwise you won’t get the points. You need to cancel before the free trial ends otherwise you will be automatically billed at the monthly rate. So make sure you set yourself a reminder to cancel on day 46 if you’re not interested in the subscription and just want the points. They are betting on the fact that most people will forget, so don’t be a sucker. These offers come around on a semi frequent basis.

• It should be noted that for one dollar, you get a DIGITAL subscription, not two months of home delivery.
    The home delivery special is 12 weeks for $12, which is good, but not as exciting as the OP’s two months for a buck headline deal.

• Global Moderator

I did not realize it was a digital subscription. Where does it say that? Did you only find out after going through the sign-up process? I updated the thread title to reflect that. Thanks for the feedback.

• When you take advantage of the offer in the link, you have the choice of digital or print (for an extra $11.)

• did the same offer back in December and have yet to see the miles

Looks like your connection to PhatWallet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.