WELCOME NEW USERS !!! Ask your questions here! (flame-free) !!!

• Global Moderator

Please post all types of questions in this thread.
    Ask anything you were afraid to ask elsewhere.
    No flaming or fighting please.

• Glad to be here. Great looking site. 🙂

• Welcome @Randy ! Glad you joined us!

• Can we set “Topic Alerts” like we did at FW so that we can get email alerts?

• Happy to be here. I’m hoping they’ll be a feed or notification or app eventually. I can’t imagine FW gone for good.

Maybe a new t shirt contest?

• Global Moderator

@wolfsmane said in WELCOME NEW USERS !!! Ask your questions here! (flame-free) !!!:

Can we set “Topic Alerts” like we did at FW so that we can get email alerts?

@aikanae said in WELCOME NEW USERS !!! Ask your questions here! (flame-free) !!!:

Happy to be here. I’m hoping they’ll be a feed or notification or app eventually. I can’t imagine FW gone for good.

Maybe a new t shirt contest?

These are great suggestions @wolfsmane and @aikanae. Can you please create a new support request in the PhatWallet Support forum for each separate item? These may be more complex issues that @dangeRuss needs to contact the developers about or find someone to do coding for, and I want to be sure they don’t get lost in this thread.

Two notes though:

• Is the orange RSS feed button at the top of every page is what you meant by “feed” @aikanae?
    • @wolfsmane until we get topic alerts for new threads like FW, you can click the “not watching” button at the bottom of every OP to change it to “watching” which gives you an on screen notification for that thread whenever any replies are posted and an email with the full text of any replies.

• Back from the dead

• Welcome @junkmail - congrats on your resurrection!

• @fivetalents ----- Gotcha, thanks

• Global Moderator

@wolfsmane said in WELCOME NEW USERS !!! Ask your questions here! (flame-free) !!!:

@fivetalents ----- Gotcha, thanks

@wolfsmane, you should also go to your account settings and enable both “Watch topics you create” and “Watch topics that you reply to.” Then you’ll only need to actually toggle the bell to enable watching/full text email notifications for a thread you just want to follow but are not actively participating in.

• where is car test topic?

• 500 Club

Didn’t want to create a new thread for my question. Hope people will see it here.

I bought $1600 in prepaid Visa cards at Staples last month when the activation fee was reimbursed by rebate. Earned 5% back on Chase Ink with the purchase. Converted the prepaid gc to m.o. at WM. In the past I’ve deposited the m.o. back into checking acct. so funds are there before the cc bill arrives. Is there any down side to using the m.o. to pay down my mortgage which I think is at 2.85%? I can afford to do it.
    thanks

• @my4mainecoons I just noticed this today, I apologize for the late response.

Since you’re dealing with Chase, if I were you, I’d be very careful about paying your mortgage with MOs (either sending them by mail or paying in-branch) because I’ve been reading some cases where this was the only activity they did prior to their shutdown; with Chase, they have a tendency to do a sweeping shutdown of all cardholders within a household. But if you have high risk tolerance, you can go ahead and maybe(?) get away with it. I value our Chase accounts so I’m avoiding all potential shutdown factors but of course, that’s just me. If you’re like others with very high risk tolerance, you must have done it with success and no AA from them.

• 500 Club

@ma-barker Since that post I bought $2000 in m.o. at Staples (no activation fee) , used most of them to purchase m.o. and deposited back into my checking acct. I had no idea this was risky. I do it a few times a year and between times card gets used for utilities and Staples. My question actually had to do more with if there’s any benefit to paying down mortgage this way. The m.o. are deposited to my checking acct and mortgage is deducted from checking acct. Mortgage holder = checking acct bank.

eta: there’s something funny going on with the message alert system here. I didn’t receive a red flag telling me that there was a reply to my post. Just happened to see it as I was cruising.

• We don’t have a mortgage so I can’t comment on the benefit with paying it down via MOs to the bank. All I know is Chase (may) frown on this activity depending on how much payment via MOs is made, and how often.

• I was approved for an Amex EveryDay Card a couple months ago. I finally applied after I got an offer by snail mail that was better then what I kept getting pre-approved for when it comes to the length of 0% balance transfers. Online it was 15 months and the mail offer was 18.

I transferred a balance, made a couple small purchases and haven’t earned any Membership Rewards® Points as of yet. I know I wouldn’t on the balance transfer but I thought I would on the purchases. I finally made my way to the rewards membership info and it says I have 11 points pending from my purchases in early June. My billing period ends around the 20th monthly. How long does it take for pending points to turn into actual ones?

• 500 Club

@rowan I don’t have an exact figure for you but I opened an Amex Everyday card at the end of April and received it on May 11(?) just in time to spend $1000 on ‘no activation fee’ prepaid Visa cards at Staples on May 12 (last day of the sale). The sign up bonus for spending $1K wasn’t in my acct in June but was there when I needed pts to spend on Prime Day this week. I’ve only made one payment on the acct. Haven’t received a 2nd bill yet.

• Thanks for the response @my4mainecoons . I’m hoping the points go through soon. I hate calling especially since these card companies use overseas call centers with the exception of Discover that I know of.

I have a Bluebird card in addition to my bank account and when I first applied for it I got rejected online because I had a Serve account (didn’t have a card or anything since I hadn’t done anything with the Revolution Account it was previously) I didn’t know about.

AE had acquired the company that they turned into their Serve card. When I called the Serve Customer Service to close that so I could get approved for the Bluebird the overseas person apparently had no idea what they were doing and I had to fax in stuff to prove my identity just to get them to close the account. That made me hesitant about calling AE for anything since I had another issue with a Bluebird rep misconstruing why I called once.

Looks like your connection to PhatWallet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.