Auto Price Protection with Earny

• This came up on my yahoo email because of online purchase acknowledgements to my email. It seems reasonable without any effort on my part, but does anyone have experience with it?

We’ve partnered with Earny to provide automatic price protection.

Earny covers purchases from Amazon, Macy’s, Walmart, Gap Group, Nordstrom, and over 35 + top brands to get you refunds whenever prices drop throughout the eligible price protection period, typically up to 90 days. Earny does all of this for you automatically!

Earny files price adjustment claims. This includes finding price drops, gathering the relevant information, filling out a form and reaching out either to the retailer or credit card issuer to get your money back.

In return for this service, Earny collects 25% of the refunds he successfully gets for you at the end of each month by charging a credit card you provide.

• Global Moderator

There are several services like this (moolah, Paribus, etc.). They all require your email password and full access to your email account (they read your email), and some require your credit card or bank account info. When Earny finds price drops, they email the retailer on your behalf, pretending to be you, requesting a refund for the difference.

I’m not about to give any company full access to and control of my email account, not even LinkedIn for professional purposes. It’s probably best to pay for online purchases with a credit card that has a price protection program and/or gurantee. If you decide to use a service like Earny, create an email account that is used only for online shopping retailers and change your settings to forward all incoming emails to your primary email address.

http://www.cnbc.com/amp/2017/07/08/earny-a-retail-app-can-save-you-money–if-you-let-it-control-your-email.html

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2018/04/09/cash-savings-refund-apps-can-help-bolster-your-bank-account/487628002/

Looks like your connection to PhatWallet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.