Rare eBay Referral Offer: Give $10, Get $10, YMMV

• Global Moderator

I can’t recall eBay ever offering a referral program so I thought this was worth posting, especially since you can also “refer” someone who hasn’t used their existing eBay account for at least 12 months and you can earn up to 10 vouchers.

Refer a Friend. Give $10, Get $10: Introduce friends to eBay and you’ll both get rewarded!

For a limited time, refer your friends to eBay and we’ll give you both $10 once they’ve made their first purchase.

1. Share your referral link with friends who are new to eBay.

2. They join and make a purchase.

3. You’ll both get $10 to spend on eBay!

FAQs

https://www.ebay.com/gi/r/rlp

What is the “Refer a Friend” Program?
    For a limited time, we are offering select US-based eBay members the opportunity to refer US-based friends to eBay and earn a $10 eBay voucher when the friend registers for an eBay account and makes his/her first purchase on eBay. Select US-based eBay members can also earn a $10 eBay voucher when they refer US-based friends who have an eBay account but have not made a purchase on eBay in the last 12 months and the friend makes a purchase on eBay. We will also give the friends a $10 eBay voucher. Some restrictions apply; see our terms and conditions for details.

…You will receive a $10 voucher in your eBay account within ten (10) business days after your Friend’s purchase is completed (i.e. your Friend has paid for the item and the item has shipped). You can earn up to a maximum of $100 in vouchers by referring up to ten (10) Friends to eBay.

Make sure you read the terms carefully to understand what vouchers may be used for, how returns of items paid with vouchers are handled, and restrictions against creating fake accounts.

• Email subject: Share your love: Get $10 when friends shop eBay

Thanks for the heads up, @fivetalents! The message wasn’t in my eBay inbox yesterday, but is today!

• $10 Refer A Friend promo ends June 30, 2018

What is the “Refer a Friend” Program?
    For a limited time, we are offering select US-based eBay members the opportunity to refer US-based friends to eBay and earn a $10 eBay voucher when the friend registers for an eBay account and makes his/her first purchase on eBay. Select US-based eBay members can also earn a $10 eBay voucher when they refer US-based friends who have an eBay account but have not made a purchase on eBay in the last 12 months and the friend makes a purchase on eBay. We will also give the friends a $10 eBay voucher. Some restrictions apply; see our terms and conditions for details.

How does it work?
    Currently, the program is by invitation only and only available to eBay accounts registered in the United States. Sorry, no forwarding your invite. If you are invited to participate in the eBay Refer a Friend Program, you will receive an email directing you to a page on eBay where you can find a unique URL that you can share with friends who are new to eBay or who are qualified returning customers. You can share your unique URL directly via the social buttons available on the eBay page OR copy and paste the unique URL directly to your friends. From there, your friend must visit eBay using the unique URL you’ve shared, join eBay (unless they are a qualified returning customer) and make his or her first eBay purchase. Once we confirm your friend is a new customer (or a qualified returning customer) and has completed their purchase per our terms and conditions, eBay will issue a $10 voucher to both you and your friend. This voucher may then be used on any future qualified purchase on eBay. You can earn up to a maximum of $100 referring friends to eBay.

How will I get my referral voucher?
    If you refer a friend who is new to eBay (or a qualified returning customer) and that friend makes a qualified purchase per our terms and conditions, a $10 voucher will be issued to you and you will be notified of this via email ten (10) business days after the purchase. Also, all earned vouchers will be accessible in the checkout flow as soon as they are issued.

Who qualifies as a new or returning customer?
    Only customers who are new to eBay (i.e. have never had an eBay account) or returning eBay customers making their first purchase in the last 12 months qualify as a new or returning customer.

How will I find and use my $10 voucher after purchase?
    As indicated above, whenever you qualify for a voucher you will be notified of this via email within ten (10) business days. Also, all earned vouchers will be accessible in the checkout flow as soon as they are issued to you.

Where can I redeem my eBay Voucher?
    You can redeem your voucher for any qualifying purchase on eBay.com. See Terms & Conditions for details and restrictions.

How do I redeem my eBay voucher?

1. Shop on eBay.
    2. Continue to the eBay checkout page and pay for your item before 11:59PM PT on the expiration date shown on the voucher.
    3. Click the box at checkout to apply your voucher.

How long do I have to redeem my eBay voucher?
    Your eBay voucher is valid for 30 days from the date it is issued. Please check your eBay voucher for specific dates. Any unused amount on the eBay voucher shall be forfeited on the date the voucher expires.

Can I give or sell my eBay voucher to another member?
    No, eBay vouchers may only be redeemed by the member it was issued to. eBay vouchers are non-transferable.

What do I do if my eBay voucher isn’t available at checkout?
    If your voucher isn’t available at checkout, follow these steps:

1. Get your code from the email you received notifying you of the award.
    2. Continue to the eBay checkout page.
    3. Enter your code in the “Coupons, gift cards or certificates” promotional box at the bottom of the page.

What if I pay for an item with my eBay voucher and I return that item? Do I lose my eBay voucher?
    No, you do not lose your eBay voucher. When you return the item, we will re-issue your eBay voucher and you will then have either 21 days or until the end of the existing redemption period (whichever is longer) to spend your eBay voucher.

Are there any restrictions around spending my voucher?

1. Vouchers may only be redeemed toward purchases made on www.ebay.com;
    2. Vouchers may not be redeemed for purchases in the following categories: Classifieds, Business & Industrial, Real Estate, eBay Gift Cards (within the Gift Cards & Coupons category), Bullion (within the Coins & Paper category), and eBay Motors;
    3. Vouchers will be deducted from the total purchase price and any unused voucher amount remaining on the eBay voucher will continue to be available to you until that eBay voucher expires;
    4. Any unused amount on the eBay voucher shall be forfeited if not redeemed before the expiration date;
    5. Vouchers are not transferable and have no face value;
    6. Vouchers may not be redeemable through some customized checkout systems;
    7. Vouchers cannot be used retroactively for prior purchases;
    8. Vouchers cannot be redeemed for cash but eBay reserves the right to give vouchers in the form of cash in its sole discretion;
    9. Unredeemed Vouchers are forfeited if your eBay account is terminated or suspended, or if eBay terminates your eligibility to participate in the Refer a Friend Program.
      See Terms & Conditions for additional restrictions and information.

Terms and Conditions
    For you to receive a $10 eBay voucher for inviting a new eBay member (i.e. your “Friend”):

1. You must be a resident of the U.S. and have received an invitation to participate in this limited time eBay Refer a Friend program. Sorry, no forwarding;
    2. Your Friend must (i) click on the customized link (“Custom Link”) that is provided to you by eBay, (ii) be a new customer or a qualified returning customer, and (iii) complete a qualified purchase on eBay within 24 hours of clicking on your link. If your Friend clicks on multiple Custom Links directing them to eBay, eBay will only compensate the person whose Custom Link was the last clicked by the Friend prior to their completion of the purchase. eBay will determine in its sole discretion whether your link was used to complete the purchase;
    3. In order to be considered a new customer or a qualified returning customer, your Friend must (i) register a new account with eBay and complete their first purchase; OR (ii) must be a returning customer that has not completed a purchase on eBay in the last 12 months and complete their first purchase. We will determine in our sole discretion whether the customer is a new customer or a qualified returning customer; and
    4. Your Friend must have a U.S. registration address tied to his/her eBay account and must not cancel their order prior to shipment.

About the eBay Vouchers:
    You will receive a $10 voucher in your eBay account within ten (10) business days after your Friend’s purchase is completed (i.e. your Friend has paid for the item and the item has shipped). You can earn up to a maximum of $100 in vouchers by referring up to ten (10) Friends to eBay.

Each voucher will be valid for thirty (30) days from the date it appears in your account. Each voucher can be redeemed only on qualifying purchases on the eBay.com website, is valid for one-time use only, and is non-refundable. Returned items purchased with a voucher will be refunded only to the extent the purchase price exceeded the value of the voucher. Qualifying purchases exclude all items in the following categories: Classifieds, Business & Industrial, Real Estate, eBay Gift Cards (within the Gift Cards & Coupons category), Bullion (within the Coins & Paper category), and eBay Motors.

Vouchers are issued to the eBay account from which the Custom Link originated and cannot be transferred, bartered, or sold. Vouchers are not redeemable for cash, have no cash value, and are void where prohibited.

Restrictions:
    We may void your vouchers, terminate your eligibility to participate in the Refer a Friend Program, terminate your eBay account, void the vouchers of your Friend(s), and/or terminate the eBay accounts of your Friend(s), if you or your Friend(s) take any of the following actions:

1. Open multiple accounts, including with different email addresses, for the same person in order to generate additional referral credits;
    2. Refer customers using spam emails, display advertising, sponsored links, unsolicited emails, or links on message boards or forums;
    3. Use false names, impersonate other people, or otherwise provide false or misleading information to us;
    4. Offer any additional incentive to others to register new accounts; or
    5. Violate these terms or any other of eBay’s terms and conditions in any way.

Additional Terms:
    You agree to receive communications from us with regard to your participation in the eBay Refer a Friend Program, and to allow us to communicate with referred customers about your participation (for example, by disclosing to them that an invitation was sent by you). Any information collected from you or your referred customers as part of the eBay Refer a Friend Program will be subject to our Privacy Notice.

We reserve the right in our sole discretion at any time and without prior notice to you to add to, remove, or otherwise change these terms, including, without limitation, discontinuing the eBay Refer a Friend Program entirely. We will post an updated version of these terms on the eBay.com website, and you will be deemed to have accepted such changes by continuing to use the eBay.com website or the eBay Refer a Friend Program after the date such changes are posted.

Looks like your connection to PhatWallet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.