$5 Bonus Card for every $10 in Taco Bell eGift Cards Purchased

• bonus cards expire 12/24/2018 and must be used w/ app or online orders. Physical cards are also available however shipping charges apply.

https://www.tacobell.com/gift-cards

0_1544055484527_6eb932a4-7345-4712-a2e8-a3ab60106b37-image.png

• Global Moderator

Wow! What a deal! That is a 33.3% bonus.

I also saw this on Facebook:
    You know you want ‘em. Get 15% off your first order when you customize an order online or in the app. Offer ends 12/31/18.

Also, a free drink offer:

https://www.tacobell.com/promotion/free-drink-with-any-purchase-2?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=E11-free-drink-offer&utm_content=organic-offer

https://www.tacobell.com/FAQS

$5 BONUS CARDS
    How Can I get a $5 Bonus Card?

During the 12/4/18-12/17/18 promotion, the first 230,000 customers who purchase $10 in Gift Cards on www.Tacobell.com or through the Taco Bell App, get a $5 Bonus Card.

When is the $5 Bonus Card Promotion Period?

The Promotion Period to get the $5 Bonus Card is limited to the first 230,000 orders between 12/4/18 through 12/17/18. The $5 Bonus Card must be used by 12/24/2018. After 12/24/18, the $5 Bonus Card will expire and not be used.

How can the $5 Bonus Card be used?

The $5 Bonus Card must be redeemed through your Taco Bell Account online at www.tacobell.com, or through the Taco Bell App. It can be used for food purchases only (cannot be used to purchase gift cards, merchandise or taxes).

How do I receive the $5 Bonus Card?

After you buy at least $10 in Gift Cards through www.tacobell.com or the Taco Bell App, the $5 Bonus Card will be emailed to the email address that was entered during the purchasing process.

Are there any other Terms or Conditions I should know about the $5 Bonus Card?

Protect the $5 Bonus Card like cash because we are not responsible for use of the $5 Bonus Card without your permission or for any lost, stolen, damages or destroyed Bonus Cards. The $5 Bonus card is not redeemable for cash or credit, except as, and where required by law. For additional information visit https://www.tacobell.com/contact-us or call 800-822-6235. No money or consideration was given for the free $5 Bonus Card. A $5 Bonus Card obtained by fraud will not be honored.

• Global Moderator

Really nice deal!

Got two with two bonus cards. Don’t think I can spend more than $10 at Taco Bell in the next 2 weeks so didn’t want to push my luck, since I’m doing the BK app deals too. Can only eat so much fast food.

• Global Moderator

In for 10 $10 gift cards and 10 $5 bonus cards. Whenever I can get at least a third off at restaurants, that’s my buy price. I also got in on last Black Friday’s one-third off on Applebee’s gift cards. We will have family visit for the holidays, so the gift cards will come in handy. Just got to remember I only have 17 days to spend $50 at Taco Bell, but that shouldn’t be a problem. Thanks, OP.

• Global Moderator

@mrvietnam said in $5 Bonus Card for every $10 in Taco Bell eGift Cards Purchased:

In for 10 $10 gift cards and 10 $5 bonus cards. Whenever I can get at least a third off at restaurants, that’s my buy price. I also got in on last Black Friday’s one-third off on Applebee’s gift cards. We will have family visit for the holidays, so the gift cards will come in handy. Just got to remember I only have 17 days to spend $50 at Taco Bell, but that shouldn’t be a problem. Thanks, OP.

Mr. V, just make sure you allowed to apply more than one of these bonus cards to an order.

ie, order $20 worth of food, but can only apply one doesn’t help you use them by 12/24. If so, you may need to split orders. Not sure how they are coded.

• Global Moderator

what a nightmare!

my closest Taco Bell is offline for online ordering. So I went into the B&M and ordered, they have no idea how to use the loaded gift cards on the app outside of mobile ordering. I’ve never seen such a messed up system.

I use Dunkin app too, and there the loaded GC’s can be used on in person order, they just scan the bar code on the gift card and it auto deducts.

Obviously, trying to use up the $5 promo cards by 12/24 and went for lunch today. The manager felt really bad, even she was shaking her head that there was no way for them to even enter the GC # manually on their registers. She actually comped my entire meal (it was only $3) but I thought it was very nice of her.

Told her I was going to call Taco Bell corporate and give them a piece of my mind, selling gift cards that can’t even be used at the restaurant. I’ve never encountered anything like this. (even with the full GC # and pin, the manager couldn’t redeem it, she said only the plastic card with the stripe swipe would work).

SO BE AWARE if you encounter this issue. I’ll report back what Taco Bell has to say tomorrow hopefully.

• Global Moderator

@mistercheap said in $5 Bonus Card for every $10 in Taco Bell eGift Cards Purchased:

what a nightmare!

my closest Taco Bell is offline for online ordering. So I went into the B&M and ordered, they have no idea how to use the loaded gift cards on the app outside of mobile ordering. I’ve never seen such a messed up system.

I use Dunkin app too, and there the loaded GC’s can be used on in person order, they just scan the bar code on the gift card and it auto deducts.

Obviously, trying to use up the $5 promo cards by 12/24 and went for lunch today. The manager felt really bad, even she was shaking her head that there was no way for them to even enter the GC # manually on their registers. She actually comped my entire meal (it was only $3) but I thought it was very nice of her.

Told her I was going to call Taco Bell corporate and give them a piece of my mind, selling gift cards that can’t even be used at the restaurant. I’ve never encountered anything like this. (even with the full GC # and pin, the manager couldn’t redeem it, she said only the plastic card with the stripe swipe would work).

SO BE AWARE if you encounter this issue. I’ll report back what Taco Bell has to say tomorrow hopefully.

Curious about what Taco Bell said when you called them.

• Global Moderator

@mrvietnam said in $5 Bonus Card for every $10 in Taco Bell eGift Cards Purchased:

@mistercheap said in $5 Bonus Card for every $10 in Taco Bell eGift Cards Purchased:

what a nightmare!

Curious about what Taco Bell said when you called them.

Sent them an email via their website, never heard back.

My closest store is back online for mobile ordering so I didn’t pursue it any further.

• Global Moderator

I emailed customer support six days ago and have not received a reply either. You would think a big company like Taco Bell would have better customer service.

• I sent a submission through their “contact us” form on Friday because my bonus card was showing a $0 bal but I had never used it… Did not hear back and called customer service late on Monday. Representative said she was forwarding my issue to the gift card dept and I should get an email or call from them in 3 business days. Tomorrow is the third day so I guess I’ll follow up with another phone call on Friday if I don’t hear from them first. I just really hope they clear this up before the card expires…

• Global Moderator

Just a heads up. If you have any more of the $5 Bonus Cards left you have 3 more days to use them. They will expire on 12/24/18. You don’t have to use the entire $5 on one order. It can carry a balance.

• @mrvietnam

I can’t get the damn cards to work…I called a week ago, no email or callback.

• Global Moderator

@lawomaniam1 said in $5 Bonus Card for every $10 in Taco Bell eGift Cards Purchased:

@mrvietnam

Sounds like it is time for a chargeback/to file a dispute.

• @lawomaniam1 said in $5 Bonus Card for every $10 in Taco Bell eGift Cards Purchased:

@mrvietnam

Ditto. I’m calling every three days… what’s the resolution?

• @sarahb, who knows… charge back on my card, maybe.

• This thread is probably dead, but I couldn’t get my bonus cards to work either. I had $40 worth since I gave my 3 teenagers the egift cards for Christmas. We ended up with comped food from the manager as well. Can’t believe how badly run this whole thing was. Has anyone been able to use the ACTUAL egift cards, not the bonus ones?

• Global Moderator

@zabesudok said in $5 Bonus Card for every $10 in Taco Bell eGift Cards Purchased:

This thread is probably dead, but I couldn’t get my bonus cards to work either. I had $40 worth since I gave my 3 teenagers the egift cards for Christmas. We ended up with comped food from the manager as well. Can’t believe how badly run this whole thing was. Has anyone been able to use the ACTUAL egift cards, not the bonus ones?

I have been able to use both the bonus cards and actual egift cards, but what bugs me is the egift cards cannot be used in the store. You have to order online or through the app.

Looks like your connection to PhatWallet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.