New Uber 4% cashback card. Restaurants and more

• Enjoy 4% back on dining. 3% back on flights and hotels. 2% back on online purchases.

Sounds good to me.

https://www.uber.com/c/uber-credit-card/

• Earn $100 after spending $500

• Global Moderator

Yes, it’s that Uber, LOL. Looks interesting:

Apply starting on November 2.

• 4% back/4 points for every $1.00 spent on net purchases made through UberEATS and at restaurants, as defined by merchant category codes, which includes restaurants, fast food restaurants and bars.

• 3% back/3 points for every $1.00 spent on net purchases on airfare, hotels and vacation home rentals (including travel agencies and home share exchanges), as defined by merchant category codes.

• 2% back/2 points for every $1.00 spent on eligible digital net purchases which includes purchases that occur online or in a mobile device but not utilities or contracted services, video and music streaming services and Uber.

• 1% back/1 point for every $1.00 spent on net purchases everywhere else.

• $50 streaming subscription credit – Up to a $50 credit for online subscription services after you spend $5,000 or more on your card per year.

• Up to $600 in supplemental insurance coverage against theft of, damage to or involuntary and accidental parting of your cell phone not otherwise covered by another insurance policy when you make your total monthly cell phone bill payment with your Uber Visa Card.

• The primary cardmember will earn 10,000 bonus points, redeemable for $100 in Uber credits, statement credits or gift cards after spending $500 on net purchases on your Uber Visa Card within the first ninety (90) days from the account open date. This one-time bonus points offer is valid for first-time cardmembers with new accounts only. Existing Uber Visa cardmembers are not eligible for this offer. The bonus points will be awarded after qualifying net purchases have posted to your account.

• There is no limit to the total points cardmembers can earn as long as the program continues and the account is open and in good standing.

• Points can be redeemed for Uber credits directly in the Uber app. Points can also be redeemed for cash back or gift cards. All redemptions are at a 1% value.

• Annual Fee: $0.

• Foreign transaction fee: 0%: Use your card outside the U.S. with no hidden fees

The Uber Visa Card is issued by Barclays. Barclays is not responsible for the category codes that merchants use.

• Should put Uber credit card in title

• Maybe I can convert my (useless) Commence by SallieMae

• Global Moderator

@wmnetid said in New Uber 4% cashback card. Restaurants and more:

Maybe I can convert my (useless) Commence by SallieMae

I would do that in a heartbeat if possible.

• Global Moderator

I called Barclays about converting my Commence card today. They said that I can’t because there is no offer on my account at this time (accounts in good standing are reviewed periodically and various offers may or may not be placed on accounts). If I do become eligible in the future, they may or may not notify me, and there is no way to get yourself “on a list” or indicate interest in converting to the account reviewers (other than placing a note on your account which sounds unlikely to have much impact). They wouldn’t indicate anything I could do to improve my chances. It is basically hit or miss and you have to keep calling or checking your account periodically… or just apply for the new card. 😒

• I was able to convert my NFL card over if that helps anyone.

• No go to convert Commence to Uber card for me.

• No go for me converting from a Barclays Arrival card

Looks like your connection to PhatWallet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.