Hand Sanitizer 3.38oz for $3.49 plus $1.49 shipping @ThaDailyDeal

• administrators

• @dangeruss be prepared for a very slow shipping process.
    Still waiting on masks ordered 4/21 that were supposedly ready for immediate shipping.

• administrators

@q-shopper said in Hand Sanitizer 3.38oz for $3.49 plus $1.49 shipping @ThaDailyDeal:

@dangeruss be prepared for a very slow shipping process.
    Still waiting on masks ordered 4/21 that were supposedly ready for immediate shipping.

I got my 50 pack of disposable ones but still waiting for the N95s. Honestly, I think Trump took them.

• Global Moderator

It’s much cheaper to make your own.

The World Health Organization (WHO) has a very simple recipe that can use ethanol or isopropyl alcohol. Just work quickly to minimize evaporation of the alcohol because the final product must contain at least 60% alcohol to be effective.

WHO hand sanitizer recipe with ethanol (scaled to 100 mL/3.38oz) :

• 83.3 mL (2.82oz) of 96% ethanol
    • 4.17 mL (0.85 tsp/0.14oz) of 3% hydrogen peroxide (disinfects container)
    • 1.45 mL (0.29 tsp/0.05oz) of 98% glycerol (protects skin from alcohol)
    • ~11.08 mL (2.245 tsp/0.38oz) of distilled water (recipe modification prevents virus from developing protective shell against the alcohol)

Converted to ounces: to have at least 60% rubbing/isopropyl alcohol in a 32oz recipe, round up to at least 28oz alcohol and 4oz other ingredients for 70% alcohol, and at least 22oz alcohol and 10oz other ingredients for 90% alcohol, for example.

That’s it… 4 inexpensive, easily obtained ingredients. Keep all containers and tools sterile. Add a few drops of essential oil (for scent only) if you wish. Seal tightly to prevent evaporation between uses and you’re done.

Here is the original article and the actual formulations for the curious:

https://www.who.int/gpsc/5may/Guide_to_Local_Production.pdf

FORMULATION 1
    • Ethanol 96%: 8333 ml
    • Hydrogen peroxide 3%: 417 ml
    • Glycerol 98%: 145 ml

• Final concentrations:
      • Ethanol 80% (v/v)
      • Hydrogen peroxide 0.125% (v/v)
      • Glycerol 1.45% (v/v)

FORMULATION 2
    • Isopropyl alcohol 99.8%: 7515 ml
    • Hydrogen peroxide 3%: 417 ml
    • Glycerol 98%: 145 ml

• Final concentrations:
      • Isopropyl alcohol 75% (v/v)
      • Hydrogen peroxide 0.125% (v/v)
      • Glycerol 1.45% (v/v)

• 500 Club

@fivetalents Part of the problem is that the “4 inexpensive, easily obtained ingredients” are not so easy to obtain these days. Rubbing alcohol and hydrogen peroxide have been sold out for weeks and fly out of the store if they happen to get any.

• Global Moderator

@my4mainecoons said in Hand Sanitizer 3.38oz for $3.49 plus $1.49 shipping @ThaDailyDeal:

@fivetalents Part of the problem is that the “4 inexpensive, easily obtained ingredients” are not so easy to obtain these days. Rubbing alcohol and hydrogen peroxide have been sold out for weeks and fly out of the store if they happen to get any.

Sorry to heat that. We had the same issues in my area for about month after the 03/15 stay at home orders. However, supplies (even disinfecting wipes, paper towels, toilet paper, Kleenex, rice, beans, etc.) have been much easier to obtain since then, especially if you go 1st thing in the morning and/or on days their shipments come in.

• @dangeruss Ordered both, still waiting.

Looks like your connection to PhatWallet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.