Apple iPhone Class Action Settlement

• 5K Club

you qualify if you are or were a U.S. owner of an iPhone 6, 6 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus, and/or SE device that ran iOS 10.2.1 or later before December 21, 2017, and/or a U.S. owner of an iPhone 7 or 7 Plus device that ran iOS 11.2 or later before December 21, 2017

If you no longer have the device you can use their search tool to find the serial number
    https://www.smartphoneperformancesettlement.com/submit-claim.php

• Global Moderator

Thanks. I have 2 qualifying iPhone 6 phones.

To qualify you have to certify:

I experienced diminished performance on my iPhone 6, 6 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus, or SE device when running iOS 10.2.1 or later before December 21, 2017 OR my iPhone 7 or 7 Plus when running iOS 11.2 or later before December 21, 2017.

That was 2 1/2 years ago. How would I remember way back then what IOS I was running and if I experienced diminished performance or not? What exactly do they mean by “diminished performance”? I bought the phones in September 2017 from Best Buy. Since I just bought it in September 2017, what would I have to compare to to know if I had diminished performance? You have to certify all this under penalty of perjury.

EDIT: It looks like this is about the battery:
    Affected By iPhone Batterygate? You Can Now Claim Your Free $25 From Apple

For some context:

iOS 10.2.1 was released January 23, 2017
    iOS 11.2 was released December 2, 2017
    iPhone 8 was released September 22, 2017

So, for iPhone users, assuming you didn’t update to the new iPhone immediately and assuming you keep your phone version relatively up-to-date (and assuming you aren’t using a model older than the iPhone 6), most people will be eligible to make one claim or more, depending on how many iPhones you’ve had over the past number of years.

• Global Moderator

Wow. 4 years later my wife and I finally received our settlement from this yesterday. We each got a check for $92.17. It said it was for the class action lawsuit in te Apple Inc. Device Performance Litigation.

Looks like your connection to PhatWallet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.