Please read before posting.

• 1000 Club

Self Promotion/Self Referred deals are not allowed, Posting deals related to a website/store you own or employed at is unethical and you will be removed and posts deleted.
    0_1507617215686_hot50.png
    How to Post

There is a single essential you need to know. Title must be self-sufficient!
    An ideal post will have;
    1.Title containing all the information. Must-have info in the title includes product name, important product specs, Price, Shipping cost or if “Free ship” and Merchants website name. use a price range if necessary for multiple items or for Amazon changing pricing and expiration date if applicable. Use “name dropping” in the title compare the price you have with Amazon price or PWF historical price to show your awesome find. If it’s the lowest price ever according to price tracker such as Camel, indicate that.
    2. Information in the body of the post describing the deal.
    3. Direct Link/URL to deal in the post
    4. Photo/Graphic descriptive of the deal.
    Example:
    Nike Air Jordans Special edition freestyle, $100 Org $300 W/Free Ship @/At Walmart.com

Why?
    If a deal is not interesting to the reader, he/she will simply skip it instead of clicking it and reading more. That’s it, These are good posting techniques. We are all busy folks - a self-sufficient title, a Link, and a photo make a post.
    You Need to Care for Your Posts, Not Just Post and Leave, periodically check and update your links, check if deal is still active if not, notify mod to move to expired deals. Make necessary changes depending on feedback received from mods or phatwalleters. Mods aren’t perfect, if we lock a post and it comes alive again, let us know.

Acronyms that may be used on Phatwalletforums.com:
    AAFES Army and Air Force Exchange Service (relates to special deals for military, their dependents and relatives)
    AC After Coupon
    AFAIK As Far as I Know
    AMEX American Express
    APM After Price Match
    AR After Rebate
    B&M – Brick and Mortar store (A physical retail store as opposed to an online merchant)
    B1G1 or BOGO – Buy One get One free
    BB – Best Buy
    BB&B Bed, Bath & Beyond
    BBB Better Business Bureau
    BF Black Friday: Friday after Thanksgiving. Sales on BF show if stores will profit on the year (run in the black)
    BTW By The Way
    Bump Replying to a thread to move it to the top of a forum to make it more prominent
    CC – Credit card
    DD Deal Discussion
    DMCA Digital Millennium Copyright Act
    DPA Dell Preferred Account
    FAR/FAMIR Free After Rebate or Free a/mail in rebate
    FAQ Frequently Asked Questions
    FW Fat Wallet
    PWF/PhWF PhatWallet Forums
    FWIW For What It’s Worth
    GC – Gift Card or Gift Certificate
    GPT Get Paid To
    HD Hot Deal(s)
    HSN – Home Shopping Network
    HTH Hope This Helps
    IIRC If I Recall Correctly
    IMHO In My Honest/Humble Opinion
    IMO In My Opinion
    IP Internet Printable Coupon (may require coupon website software to be installed on your PC)
    IR Instant Rebate
    ISO In Search Of, or type of CDRom image file
    LMAO Laughing My A$$ Off
    LOL Laugh Out Loud
    MFG Manufacturer/Manufacturing
    MFR Manufacturer
    MIR – Mail In Rebate
    MM Money Maker (either in $ or overage towards other merchandise)
    Noob, newbie a new user/member (usually used in a demeaning way)
    OD – Office Depot
    OEM Original Equipment Manufacturer
    OM – Office Max
    OOS Out Of Stock
    OP Original Post or Original Poster (author of thread)
    OT Off Topic
    OTD Out The Door
    PM – Price Match (see below)
    PM Private Message
    Q Coupon (may refer to any type, printed, newspaper, shown on phone, etc)
    RAOK – Random Act Of kindness
    RMA Return merchandise authorization
    ROFL Rolling on floor laughing
    ROTFLMAO Rolling on the floor laughing my a$$ off
    SD Slickdeals
    SER Staples Easy Rebate
    SKU Unique product ID number assigned by the retailer
    SPAM Unwanted commercial email advertisements, usually unsolicited. Your legislators can stop SPAM!
    S/H – Shipping and handling
    TIA Thanks in advance
    TOS Terms of service
    TRU – Toys R Us
    TY Thank you
    UPC Universal product code (unique product ID assigned by MFR)
    UPS United Parcel Service
    USPS United States Postal Service
    YMMV Your mileage may vary

Please Comment and leave your own tips, comments, or advice, The best advice is from someone with knowledge.

• Perhaps a darker color font would make this easier on the eyes

• Welcome @yacheapbastard - thanks for joining us and for contributing to the discussion! We’re glad you’re here!

• I am glad you posted this because a lot of these I didn’t know, so I copied it and emailed it to myself for reference for this site & others, a helpful tool (keeping up with the times)!

• @yacheapbastard said in Please read before posting.:

Perhaps a darker color font would make this easier on the eyes

Have you tried using a different skin? Click your avatar at the top right corner of the screen, then Settings. Different skins will give you different visual layout - you might like a different one better than whatever you are using now.

• Tried looking for the option myself, to no avail…I posted a deal that expired and was looking for the ‘report dead deal’ button/menu option and couldn’t find one. So I just deleted the entire post.

Is there a ‘report expired deal’ option available to OP’ers that I just couldn’t see? TIA.

• Global Moderator

@rambone said in Please read before posting.:

Tried looking for the option myself, to no avail…I posted a deal that expired and was looking for the ‘report dead deal’ button/menu option and couldn’t find one. So I just deleted the entire post.

Is there a ‘report expired deal’ option available to OP’ers that I just couldn’t see? TIA.

Hello @rambone. Thank you for asking.

When a thread expires, please do not delete it.

You can post a reply in the thread stating that it is expired (you can also add “EXPIRED” in front of the title to alert the other members and also provide another means for mods to spot expired threads). The next mod to see your reply or title change will move it to the expired sub-forum. Since we are all volunteers, it may take a little but for that to happen. However, if it is taking a very long time to be moved, you can flag the moderators and explain your request there.

Thanks for understanding. We hope to have a more streamlined expiration process down the line when resources allow.

Also, I located your deleted thread, restored it, and moved it the expired deals sub-forum. If you have other threads that need to be un-deleted/restored, please let us know.

• @fivetalents

Thanks for the info. I’ll follow this protocol next time.

• thanks, now i understand a lot

• Thank you for letting us know.This is very helpful for a beginner.

• thanks

Looks like your connection to PhatWallet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.