Helpful Walgreens B&M 'hack' to use bonus cash with no oop.

• Global Moderator

Learn a new trick today, thanks to a nice cashier.

There’s a deal this week, buy 2 Colgate TP’s at $3.99, use the $4/2 digital in Wags, pay $3.98 ac (no tax in my area), get back $4.

Now the problem with ending amounts like .98 is, if you’re using Wags Cash, you could typically only use $3 and have to pay .98 oop.

But on the swipe screen there’s a ‘round up’ option to donate the differnce to some charity. In this case 2c. The cashier told me to hit yes, total became $4 and used $4 in WC, got back $4 in WC. Much better than having to keep spending 98c on deals like this.

• Global Moderator

@mistercheap said in Helpful Walgreens B&M 'hack' to use bonus cash with no oop.:

Learn a new trick today, thanks to a nice cashier.

There’s a deal this week, buy 2 Colgate TP’s at $3.99, use the $4/2 digital in Wags, pay $3.98 ac (no tax in my area), get back $4.

Now the problem with ending amounts like .98 is, if you’re using Wags Cash, you could typically only use $3 and have to pay .98 oop.

But on the swipe screen there’s a ‘round up’ option to donate the differnce to some charity. In this case 2c. The cashier told me to hit yes, total became $4 and used $4 in WC, got back $4 in WC. Much better than having to keep spending 98c on deals like this.

Nice trick. Thanks for posting. I will only do that though if the total is 90 cents to 99 cents.

• Global Moderator

Just an added aspect to this for your info:

The order MUST have a digital coupon applied for this to work.

If you buy 2 candy bars for $1.98 total and up it to $2 with donation, you’ll still only be able to redeem $1. In the toothpaste example I give in OP, it does work in those kinds of transactions.

Looks like your connection to PhatWallet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.