Amex Offers - one per account now?

• Be careful with Amex offers - the language has changed - even though you may have the offer on multiple cards, it seems to be one credit per online account. I had 2 cards with offers and only one of them triggered email. See the language below.

Enrollment limited. Valid in-store only. Excludes phone orders placed through the customer service phone number. Excludes authorized retailers. Offer is non-transferable. Must add offer to Card and use same Card to redeem. Limit 1 statement credit(s) per American Express® online account.

• For now, I’m still getting my credits for each sync offer I save to each AU card, the last batch is for $10 on each $200 AGC purchased with AU cards. The verbiage of limit 1 credit per axp account has been there for a long time that I can remember so this isn’t something new.

• @principalmember said in Amex Offers - one per account now?:

Limit 1 statement credit(s) per American Express® online account.

The way that a M-F Amex rep explained it to me – just make sure that you have an online account for each card. I’ve gotten the boxed.com and Martha Stewart wine offers on multiple cards, and have received the credit on each of them.

• The whole point to having an online account for each AU card is for the offers. Yes, it limited to 1 credit per online account (or as many multiple as defined in the offer). So, if you have an AU and each AU has an online account (and they grabbed the offer) they will be credited (which will credit the underlying main account under the name of the AU).

• I signed up 4 AUs for the offer on SPG where for each AU who spends $1K in 90 days, I will receive 2500 starpoints for total of 10,000 starpoints. I added 4 only one is a new one that isn’t AU to my other cards. I tried to create an online acct for the new AU and a message came up to call a rep. When I got a rep, she asked for DOB and SSN of the AU before she activated the card; thereafter, I was able to create an online acct for my new AU. Gone are the days when people used fictitious persons/pets as their AU but now the cards will not be activated unless there is DOB and SSN; without this info, the card becomes invalid and cannot be used for sync offers.

• The whole point to having an online account for each AU card is for the offers. Yes, it limited to 1 credit per online account

That is if you have 1 Amex card. We have 3 different amex cards in the family - so 3 online account for 3 people. One account has 3 different Amex cards and another has 2 and third has only 1. But if I tried to create a separate for each, I would end up with 6 accounts.

I definitely thought that “one per online account” to really mean one offer across the 3 cards for that online account. BTW - note that if you have multiple cards for one account, when you redeem the offer against one card, Amex automatically hides the offer against the other cards. There is some link one the web that will let you see that hidden offer using old Amex interface. My reaction to the language that Amex is actually trying to implement once per online account.

So even though I didn’t get 3 emails (as I used to get previously), the offer credit did show up on the account with the 2 credit cards - so at least for now, no worries - sorry for the alarm.

[I have always tried to follow up on my threads but looks like even though I subscribed to get email, I haven’t received any for the posts that you folks made. Thanks].

• @principalmember said in Amex Offers - one per account now?:

BTW - note that if you have multiple cards for one account, when you redeem the offer against one card, Amex automatically hides the offer against the other cards.

even if it’s a bit inconvinient, I created separate online accounts for our AUs. One card has 10 accounts (axp keeps on telling me to add up to 99…lol), other cards have more, others less but all have their SEPARATE log ins. The advantage of this for me is I have always received multiples of the great offers ($10/$10 amazon, $25/$200BBY, $5/$5 Dollar Shave, 10% off cable/cellphone bill, etc). I know the issue of ‘losing offers’ when multiple accounts are in one log in and do tab switching.

• $25 off $250 on Best Buy AXP sync offer is back on most personal cards. I didn’t get them in my business cards.

I get the credits from buying 5 $200 VGCs (not all BBYs carry VGCs now) and pay with 4 AXP cards. Some stores enforce limits on how many you can buy that’s why I buy them in batches of $1000 per transaction. I’ve also gotten Elite Plus status just buying VGCs and I bank my points until I have at least $100 worth in certificates.

• Global Moderator

If I have all my credit cards under one online account sign-in, how do I separate them so each has its own online account sign-in?

• @mrvietnam you can try creating an account for each of the AU. It’s what I did from the get go and that’s how I got the offers on each account and saved them accordingly. Try that and see if offers come up for each AU cards.

• I only have 1 amex card at the moment thinking about a couple more, will use this in my decisions.

Looks like your connection to PhatWallet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.