Updated 3/6/18 with even cheaper rate code: Southern California residents: 52 Sundays of the print Los Angeles Times plus Unlimited Digital Access for $9.88 (19 cents a Sunday)

• Global Moderator

I know it is a liberal rag, but perhaps it would be good for the coupons each Sunday or to line the bird cage or something like that.

latimes.com/subscribe
    promo code: 3200
    (52 Sundays for 9.88)
    Code expiration date unknown

latimes.com/subscribe
    promo code: 5099
    (52 Sundays for 19.76)

Terms & Conditions
    By accepting this offer you are agreeing to a CONTINUOUS SUBSCRIPTION, which will automatically renew until you cancel by calling 1-213-283-2274. After the 52-week $51.48 introductory rate, you will be automatically charged $51.48 every 52 weeks. All subscriptions include 3 Premium Issues per year. For each Premium Issue, your account balance will be charged an additional fee up to $4.49 in the billing period when the section publishes. This will result in shortening the length of the billing period. Premium issues scheduled to date: Dodger Baseball Season Preview 3/25/18, J. Gold 101 Best Restaurants 12/02/18. Dates are subject to change without notice.

By providing your payment method information and clicking the PLACE ORDER button below as your electronic signature, you confirm your acceptance of the above offer, authorize automatic charges to your payment method, consent to receive bills and other communications electronically, and confirm that you have opened and read and agree to these TERMS AND CONDITIONS.

By comparison, the Orange County Register offered me a year of Sunday only delivery of their paper for only $1 a while back.

• They no longer have Red Plum or P&G coupons.

• Global Moderator

• @mrvietnam No birds. Pointing out the ‘value’ isn’t the same as having all three inserts.

• Global Moderator

@couponclippen said in Southern California residents: 52 Sundays of the print Los Angeles Times plus Unlimited Digital Access for $19.76 (38 cents a Sunday):

@mrvietnam No birds. Pointing out the ‘value’ isn’t the same as having all three inserts.

I know. I agree. I was just trying to be funny. I guess the only value this deal has is if you like the Times reporting and political slant/agenda. As for me I think I will pass on this deal.

• @mrvietnam I currently get 8 copies, down from 12. Paying 19¢ a week per copy in the beginning. Now paying 50¢ each. Paid till April (paid a year in advanced before the insert change) then I am done with them. Clipper services can fill me needs.

• Good deal. I was paying $26 per year (50 cents per week). My subscription expires today and I called to cancel. They offered me the same deal $26 per year so I took it. They claimed it was the BEST offer they had currently. HA! I guess they don’t know Mr. Vietnam from Phatwallet.

Last year after I paid in full, they tried to pull this “price increase” on me but I would not allow them. It’s like buying a car, driving off, then the dealer calls you and tells you that car costs $300 more due to increase in cost of parts. Hopefully, the paper will turnaround with the sale.

• @mrvietnam Great find, thanks for the promo code! My previous promo for $9.88/year expired last year, was put on new $1/week promo instead. Called and switched to new rate with no issues.

• I paid $9.88 per year for Sundays for many years. Now I get it for $1 per year via a school teacher. The paper hopes to indoctrinate teachers with their slanted news? But I’m not easily swayed by any political party. We need to start the “Cheap Party” who’s goal is to run the government on the cheap.

• When I called with the promotion code, the rep told me the rate is $9.99 for 1 yr. Did they drop it from $19.76? I am in the Irvine area.

• Global Moderator

@cheerfuljam said in Southern California residents: 52 Sundays of the print Los Angeles Times plus Unlimited Digital Access for $19.76 (38 cents a Sunday):

When I called with the promotion code, the rep told me the rate is $9.99 for 1 yr. Did they drop it from $19.76? I am in the Irvine area.

Interesting. When I go online and enter the promo code it still tells me it is $19.76. I guess there is a better rate out there ($9.99/year of Sunday delivery), but how to get it. I will try to call (versus entering it online) and see if it makes a difference, but I doubt it. I think the rep just gave you the best price available, regardless of the promo code. Does anyone know the promo code for the $9.99 rate?

• @mrvietnam said in Southern California residents: 52 Sundays of the print Los Angeles Times plus Unlimited Digital Access for $19.76 (38 cents a Sunday):

@cheerfuljam said in Southern California residents: 52 Sundays of the print Los Angeles Times plus Unlimited Digital Access for $19.76 (38 cents a Sunday):

When I called with the promotion code, the rep told me the rate is $9.99 for 1 yr. Did they drop it from $19.76? I am in the Irvine area.

Interesting. When I go online and enter the promo code it still tells me it is $19.76. I guess there is a better rate out there ($9.99/year of Sunday delivery), but how to get it. I will try to call (versus entering it online) and see if it makes a difference, but I doubt it. I think the rep just gave you the best price available, regardless of the promo code. Does anyone know the promo code for the $9.99 rate?

When I entered 5099 code online, I also get the $19.76 rate. I called because I am currently on 7-day delivery and want to see if I can get it for less than the $2.49/wk I am paying. Even after I told them I can get the 7-day OC Register for less than $40/yr, the rep insists that the $2.49 is the lowest. After that, I ask about the promotion offer 5099 and she told me the Sunday only is only $9.99 for a yr.

• Global Moderator

Here is even a better price: 9.88 for 52 weeks of Sunday only delivery. Enter promo code 3200. I updated the OP with the new information.

I notice this language in the terms and conditions:

ll subscriptions include 3 Premium Issues per year. For each Premium Issue, your account balance will be charged an additional fee up to $4.49 in the billing period when the section publishes. This will result in shortening the length of the billing period. Premium issues scheduled to date: Dodger Baseball Season Preview 3/25/18, J. Gold 101 Best Restaurants 12/02/18. Dates are subject to change without notice.

What does this do to the length of a prepaid 52 week subscription such as this? What does it get shortened to after the additional $4.49 fees are charged> What a crock. When they say you get 52 weeks for $9.88, do you actually get 52 weeks or is it something else? Or maybe this is what the charges will be AFTER the first 52 weeks if the paper is continued? It would almost have to be that way or else after the first premium issue is published at the end of this month it would in effect wipe out about 6 months of your prepaid Sunday delivery. If anyone who prepaid an annual subscription can chime in I would appreciate it.

I took the plunge with the new rate, so it looks like I will be the guinea pig. I will let you know what happens and if I actually get 52 weeks for the 52 week prepayment, even with the $4.49 premium issue language in the terms and conditions. If they screw me it will be goodbye to the Times forever.

• I think the “standard” online only rate for the LA Times is $1.99/week, billed every 4 weeks. If you’re interested only in online access (and live in SoCal), I wonder if you could sign up using the 3200 code, and then put in a year-long “suspend delivery” order…LOL

• Thank you for the 3200 code. I called today to switch from 7 days to Sunday only. Before the switch, the rep offered 7 days for $1.99/wk for 13 wks but I didn’t take it. I told them I don’t want any premium issues more than a year ago. I think I still get them but there is no extra charge for them.

• Called to cancel all my accounts unless they reduced the rate. They reduced the rate.
    April 1 all copies had P&G in them.
    Anyone else get P&G’s this week?

Looks like your connection to PhatWallet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.