3 FREE RevitalU Coffee Brew or Smart Cap Samples

• 5K Club

• 5K Club

Someone not like coffee?

• @mrsguin said in 3 FREE RevitalU Coffee Brew or Smart Cap Samples:

Someone not like coffee?

No, I love coffe, the rating is based on the company, please see below
    (Not just rated red BUT a reason is actually given)
    First question: Who the heck is selling this stuff?

Revital U Brew is based out of Frisco, according to their website’s contact information. A WhoIs search of their website, revitalu.com, reveals that it’s been registered since 7/15/16 by Mike Adams, SVP of Operations at Momentis International. I can’t get their crummy website at momentis.net to load on my computer, and anyways their security certificate is expired so Google gives you a scary warning when you try to go to it. Looks like they have six whole employees. I’m actually getting three addresses associated with them: a strip mall in Frisco, a strip mall in Plano, and an office building off of I-75 in Dallas. Momentis International LLC is probably not doing too hot seeing as how their right to do business in Texas has been forfeited per the Comptroller’s Taxable Entity search. This is usually as a result of a failure to pay your annual franchise taxes. Maybe they just don’t care? They’re incorporated in Delaware (very common even for Texas-based businesses) and I don’t want to pay real money to check their status in that state.

Somebody went ahead and did a write-up of the company, not sure when it was written (ref: https://www.playersmoney.com/momentis/). Apparently they’ve been around since 2010, although they only registered with the state to do business in March 2014. Looks like they started selling electricity when the market deregulated and then launched a MLM-based skincare line some time after that. They’re still selling electricity, judging by the two recent BBB complaints they received (https://www.bbb.org/dallas/business-reviews/electric-companies/momentis-in-dallas-tx-90384868/reviews-and-complaints). The skincare line is still around, too. It’s called Mac Seven Sciences (http://www.macsevensciences.com/home.html). Those products are probably just repackaged from somewhere else, and I don’t want to look into it at the moment. There is some vague rumor about their compensation plan being unsatisfactory in some way when they sold electricity, but that’s pretty standard in all MLM schemes.

Second question: What the heck are they selling?

Instant coffee powder purported to do what every weight loss supplement purports to do: ‘kickstart’ your metabolism, increase your energy, and suppress your appetite.

What’s in it? Probably mostly coffee. There are a list of ingredients on their website, but it doesn’t state amounts anywhere. We all know that these things are under-regulated by the FDA, so there’s probably none of it in there. Let’s check out what we’re being sold for $49 (!) a jar:

Coffee: Obviously. Coffee is good for you, according to their website, and let’s be honest, you’d be drinking it anyways.

Vinitrox (Fruit Extracts): They claim something something vasodilation something something antioxidant. A quick Google reveals that Vinitrox is a trademarked athletic supplement produced by Nexira. It’s supposed to be special combination of apple and grape polyphenols, which are thought to promote health in traditional (?) medicines and teas. Wikipedia says it’s unproven, and implies that these supplements are mostly excreted instead of absorbed because of low bioavailability. I believe Wikipedia.

Juglans Regia Bark Extract: So they claim that this ingredient (Wanut bark) works in concert with another additive, Octodrine, in order to get a “full=spectrum” effect. Um. Wikipedia and a few clinical studies suggest that the walnut fruit and bark extract does indeed have some potential medicinal value, but it doesn’t seem to be related to weight loss.

Octodrine: Revital U’s site states that clinical tests show this ingredient to be effective in the breakdown of fat cells and weight loss through a “natural balancing process of various metabolic functions.” Also enables anabolic response, improves athetlic performances, and helps increase mental focus and clarity. Oh my. So this stuff is also known as DMHA, and it’s a widely-used bodybuilding supplement. It’s a stimulant and could likely have weight-loss uses, HOWEVER. GUYS. Stimulants are dangerous when they are misused, and in general have side effects ranging from insomnia and anxiety to heart problems.

L-Theanine: The site says that this provides and assists with the calming effects on the brain by increasing the levels of serotonin and dopamine. The idea is that it naturally provides a relief form anxiety and stress, which is a common cause for over-eating and weight gain. Looks like a widely used herbal supplement found in tea leaves and it is Generally Recognized as Safe by the FDA. Natural Standard rates the beneficial properties listed above as “unclear or conflicting scientific evidence”, but does say it’s likely to improve cognition.

PEA (Phenylethylamine HCL): They say it functions as a neurotransmitter (this sounds like a bullshit claim). Also state it stimulates neurotransmitters by releasing dopamine, improves mood and increases alertness, focus, and concentration. At least one person on the internet calls it a “love-drug”. It is used as a bodybuilding supplement. Wikipedia says it acts as a central nervous system stimulant in humans, and it seems to be associated with running and skydiving and probably any heart-pounding activity. HOWEVER. Correlation does not equal causation, kids. Wikipedia also states that it produces effects similar to amphetamine and that the half-life of the chemical when taken orally is 5-10 minutes, so that’s a pretty short runner’s high. Alpha-Glyceryl Phosphoryl Choline: They make sure to tell you that this ingredient is safe and healthy and natural. It apprently encourages brain alertness and memory function and is a critical nutrient for muscle tone and helps with body shaping. Do you think so? Wikipedia thinks this drug has potential as a treatment for Alzheimer’s disease. This drug is is Generally Recognized as Safe by the FDA, so there’s that. It could actually enhance cognition, but there aren’t many recent studies on it outside of the Alzheimer’s research.

Caffeine: It’s unclear whether this coffee powder has added caffeine or if this is just the caffeine naturally in the coffee beans. They go one to extol the benefits of caffeine. Caffeine, as a stimulant, does suppress appetite and increase energy temporarily. It’s also cheap and widely available. Nettle Root Extract: They claim that this “plant based herbal extraction… aids with reducing blood sugar levels” and that it also maintains good cholesterol somehow. This herb has been used in traditional medicine for ages, and people still use it for prostate and urinary problems. I used to drink nettle root tea and it tasted awful and I didn’t lose any weight, but my cholesterol WAS great. So take from that what you will.

Octopamine: Revital U claims that this ingredient stimulates Beta-3 Adrenergic Receptor which is responsible for lipolysis (fat breakdown) and thermogensis (fat burning). Wikipedia claims that this organic chemical is closely related to norepinephrine and acts as as a neurotransmitter for some invertebrates. In humans, it’s theorized to be used as a less-effective version of adrenaline. It could also be linked to Orthostatic Hypotension, which is when you get up quickly and then immediately faint because your body has a hard time maintaining adequate blood pressure.

Chromium Polynicotinate: According to them, most fat Americans just don’t get enough chromium because of our terrible diets and it’s essential for regulating insulin. Chromium (III) is still considered an essential nutrient in the US, but in 2014 "the European Food Safety Authority published a report stating that the intake of chromium(III) has no beneficial effect on healthy people, thus the Panel removed chromium from the list of nutrients and essential elements.) Also, it interferes with some medications that treat diabetes or thyroid conditions. Use with caution.

Conclusion: This is a shady company selling a very expensive, shady product packed with just enough stimulants that you might even lose weight. However, depending on the amounts of each ingredient, it could potentially be dangerous. I can’t state that enough - please be careful.

• 5K Club

@tuskers The last time this was offered, the customers received it. No one got sick or died. I know you are just upset cuz you didn’t get to post it. That is your fault.

• Global Moderator

@mrsguin said in 3 FREE RevitalU Coffee Brew or Smart Cap Samples:

@tuskers The last time this was offered, the customers received it. No one got sick or died. I know you are just upset cuz you didn’t get to post it. That is your fault.

You do not, in fact, know that “No one got sick or died”. In any case, please keep your comments about the deal and not about other members. Thanks!

• @tuskers Thank you for the info on this!

• 4K Club

thank you

Looks like your connection to PhatWallet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.