Rosetta Stone (language learning) software

• Global Moderator

Any tips on saving money on Rosetta Stone? They have a couple of monthly subscription options. However, they must be paid in large blocks of months or years; no real savings then.

Thanks for any input!

• Peanut Labs and other free credit type sites tend to have free trial offers of various Rosetta Stone Language software. World Golf Tour is an online game that I get free credits for, rather than paying into the game. I would imagine that there are many others like that out there

• Global Moderator

@ctgolfer said in Rosetta Stone (language learning) software:

Peanut Labs and other free credit type sites tend to have free trial offers of various Rosetta Stone Language software. World Golf Tour is an online game that I get free credits for, rather than paying into the game. I would imagine that there are many others like that out there

Not sure I follow… Peanut Labs appears to be a survey site for people who host web sites. Are you suggesting that I could earn credits toward rosetta stone by completing their surveys?

Thanks for your help!

• @gremln007 Peanut Lab, Raduim One and Fyber sponsor “click on” offer for virtual currency for some online games, rather than using actual money.Many times I have seen Rosetta Stone as one of those offers.

• Global Moderator

@gremln007 I don’t know what language or price point you are looking for… or if you’re even still looking, but Amazon has a deal for the next 10 hours on Rosetta Stone: Learn Spanish (Latin America) [Lifetime Online/Mobile Access - Digital Code] with Amazon $10 Gift Card

• List Price: $309.00
    • Deal of the Day: $179.00

Ships from and sold by ACI Gift Cards LLC., an Amazon company.
    Platform: Activation Code by Email

If you’re not wedded to the Rosetta platform and you’re on SwagBucks, they have an offer for Babbel right now for $12.50 cash back and 25% off various subscriptions like 3 months (now $20.25), 6 months (now 33.90) and 12 months (now $63). I have no idea if these prices are competitive, but you can just type “Babbel” in the SB search engine to pull up the offer.

• administrators

You local library might have a login you can use online.

• Global Moderator

@dangeruss said in Rosetta Stone (language learning) software:

You local library might have a login you can use online.

Good point. I totally forgot to mention free language apps. Amazon and Google Play have many (and translation apps… the OP didn’t state what your goal was), like MosaLingua, MobiLearn, iTranslate, WordLense etc. There is even a free Babbel app. They may not all be free at a given moment, but are often offered for free throughout the year. Another good option, if you are intent on owning Rosetta Stone, might be buying a lightly used set of disks from eBay when they have one of their % off or dollar off coupons.

• Duolingo is pretty good, I’m been messing around on it. RS (old version) filled by head with big words but doesn’t help when it comes to fluency.

• Global Moderator

@fivetalents said in Rosetta Stone (language learning) software:

@gremln007 I don’t know what language or price point you are looking for… or if you’re even still looking, but Amazon has a deal for the next 10 hours on Rosetta Stone: Learn Spanish (Latin America) [Lifetime Online/Mobile Access - Digital Code] with Amazon $10 Gift Card

• List Price: $309.00
    • Deal of the Day: $179.00

Ships from and sold by ACI Gift Cards LLC., an Amazon company.
    Platform: Activation Code by Email

If you’re not wedded to the Rosetta platform and you’re on SwagBucks, they have an offer for Babbel right now for $12.50 cash back and 25% off various subscriptions like 3 months (now $20.25), 6 months (now 33.90) and 12 months (now $63). I have no idea if these prices are competitive, but you can just type “Babbel” in the SB search engine to pull up the offer.

Thanks @fivetalents & everyone else. I missed this unfortunately but it looks like a great deal. Maybe next time…

I am looking for the Greek language so it is a bit harder to find than Spanish. Duolingo is great for Greek (and I did Spanish on there too).

• Global Moderator

This Groupon offer is only a subscription but has a choice of 24 languages (check to see if the one you want is included)… and you can use a cash back site to bring the cost down further:

Seller: Rosetta Stone 4.6 (3,502 ratings)

1 Language: 1-Year Subscription or 2-Year Subscription with Optional Download from Rosetta Stone (Up to 39% Off)

Select Option

• One Language, One-Year Subscription $179 $109 (39% OFF)
    • One Language - Two Year Subscription $249 $159 (36% OFF)
    • One Language, Two-Year Subscription Plus Download $279 $179 (36% OFF)

What You’ll Get
    After purchasing this deal, you will need to visit the website listed on your voucher to complete redemption.

Rosetta Stone Language Course Subscriptions
    As Rosetta Stone’s first new product in seven years, this system’s latest features blend reading, listening, speaking, and writing for new speakers, garnering the program a PC Magazine Editors’ Choice award for Best Language-Learning Software. Plus, Rosetta Stone’s supportive online community engages pupils in conversational practice, game play, and live sessions with native speakers. The included audio companion allows for language practice on the go.

• As their newest product, the system utilizes a streamlined learning approach
    • Choose between 24 different language programs
    • Interactive digital lessons blend visual and aural cues
    • Compatible apps for iPad, iPhone, and select Android devices
    • Access language activities from laptops, smartphones, and tablets
    • Immersive features enable language learners to pick up foreign vocabulary through literature and even improve their pronunciation with accent training technology

The one-year subscription option allows online access to the selected program for 12 months.

The two-year subscription option allows online access to the selected program for 24 months.

The option with the download access also allows customers to download the full course onto their computer to keep forever.

The Fine Print
    Promotional value expires 180 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Valid online only. See the minimum system requirements. Limit 2 per person, may buy 2 additional as gift(s). Valid only for option purchased. Must be 13 or older. Not valid with other offers or promotions. All sales final. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.

https://www.groupon.com/deals/rosetta-stone-national-2

• Global Moderator

Looks like Rosetta Stone is having an autumn sale directly on their own website with prices slightly lower than Groupon. It’s probably harder/impossible to get cash back, but the sale definitely includes Greek and you can subscribe for shorter periods of time (I’m not sure why you stated in the OP that paying in large blocks of months or years equates to less savings since the cost per month is clearly lower the longer you subscribe). Try code RSBRADS, it might take another 10% off.

• 3 months $53.97 ($17.99/month)
    • 6 months $69.00 ($11.50/month)
    • 12 months $107.88 ($8.99/month)
    • 24 months $155.76 ($6.49/month)

https://www.rosettastone.com/lp/sbsr/septsale649

• 4K Club

Thanks, my son used this to learn Japanese.

Looks like your connection to PhatWallet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.