Reposts

• 5K Club

I don’t know how hard it would be, but could a repost be moved into the original thread as a comment?

• 1000 Club

not a bad idea, but currently not possible to move a post as a comment, only comments can be moved as comments.

• Global Moderator

I like the idea too @MrsGuin (I’ve always thought it would be nice if any upvotes transferred as well 😲)

• I think that at SD, the repost just redirects to the original. At least, that’s how their RSS reposts work.

• 5K Club

@honkinggoose At SD the thread is completely locked & redirects to the original for the first day, then it & any comments under it are put into the original post, which bumps the OP to the top of the forum.
    Here, when a post is locked it can still be voted on but won’t accept comments.

• Global Moderator

• administrators

So what do we want to do here? We’re looking to merge threads?

There is already an open issue about topic merging, but it hasn’t been done yet: https://github.com/NodeBB/NodeBB/issues/4804
    Please feel free to add some comments there.

Also can we spec out exactly what we want to happen? I can see what I can do.

• Global Moderator

There are 2 issues here.

First is the question of whether it will be PWF policy that reposts (and all replies in that repost) will be moved into/merged with the original thread.

Second is enabling the ability to completely (and more easily) merge two threads. The reason we can’t completely merge two threads currently is that the OP can’t be merged (only replies can be moved). Furthermore, replies have to be moved one at a time (you can’t select all of them at the same time like you can when forking threads). When I’ve had to “merge” threads, after the time consuming process of moving each reply individually, I’ve then had to quote the OP and paste that as a new reply into the other thread that is being kept (and move the now abandoned OP/thread to expired).

Looks like your connection to PhatWallet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.