Walmart2Walmart Express Pay Offers- Ongoing Thread

• It’s free to send money via RIA transfer using WM app via Express Pay. This fee free goes on till Sept 30 2017 although it may be extended. I tried to send money to test the service and it’s pretty simple. You go to WM to pay when sending money(cash and/or debit NO credit)To anyone and thereafter, you’ll get a code to send to the recipient which they’ll bring to WM to present the reference code and show their DL to pick up the money. This is another MS venue ; )

• Last day tomorrow but I hope they’ll extend the promo. Nothing beats fee free draining of GCs.

Caveat: Be careful whom you send the funds because they ask for ID when picking up the money. For the sender, you enter all your info in the app, they don’t ask for your ID. If by chance, the recipient decides to keep the $, nothing you can do except plead with them because they can always say it was a gift so they’ll keep it. Send only to someone who won’t stiff you.

• Which debit cards have you tried?

• @mastroadam debit visa from GCM is what I have lots of that I’ve drained. the ones from GCcom will also work but GCs from those 2 online sites have your names in them which is very useful for those WMs who require that your name be on the card they can match with your DL.

• I wish I had an embosser to put my name on a card so it looks official

• DEAD 😞

I have found a way to edit title.

• Global Moderator

@ma-barker said in Walmart2Walmart Express Pay - RIA transfer zero fee is DEAD:

I have found a way to edit title.

Thank you for doing that. Could you put the “DEAD” at the start of the title with asterisks or some other symbol to make it stand out better? TIA. We have an expired deals forum but I personally don’t like moving threads there (especially if they aren’t from the hot deals or free stuff forums), since there is currently no way to tell which forum they were expired from and this thread contains some useful information.

• @fivetalents done.

note that I also specified it is the fee free RIA transfer that’s dead.

hopefully, we’ll see MG offers with fee free this last Q, that’ll be AWESOME!

It is best to keep this thread in case there’s new offers for Express Pay and hopefully there will be.

• Global Moderator

@ma-barker said in *DEAD*Walmart2Walmart Express Pay - RIA transfer zero fee is DEAD:

@fivetalents done.

note that I also specified it is the fee free RIA transfer that’s dead.

hopefully, we’ll see MG offers with fee free this last Q, that’ll be AWESOME!

It is best to keep this thread in case there’s new offers for Express Pay and hopefully there will be.
    Thank you and I totally agree!

• Fees seem to be ~10% when they’re not waived. 😞

• From what I remember for RIA transfer up to $50, ~ $4, $51 to $1000 ~ $8, $1001 up to $2500 ~ $16.

there are 2 other choices, one is Moneygram and another I can’t remember and both have much higher fees.

• Anywhere in $451 - $500 is definitely quoting out at $49.99 for me right now.

• @bppcomplete if you download the WM app, click Express Money where you can send or receive money, there is an option to do RIA transfer (can’t remember if it’s limited to domestic transfers only) so if you’re sending $500 within the USA that can be redeemed at WM supercenter, the fee is $8. For amounts way over $2500, the RIA transfer option does not show, only 2 options remain with much higher fees.

• 1000 Club

Moved thread to Deal Discussion, It more accurately reflects being there than finance.

• I found another use for the WM app to pay a bill. I input the payee to see if it’s on their list and then I input the amount I want to pay. I am given up to 24 hrs to pay at the WM branch I chose and when I go to the store, I go to Express Money lane and just scan the QR code after I tell cashier I’m paying a bill via CFP. After scanning the QR code, I see the message that I’m connected and the next screen shows me the amount I’m paying plus the fee. I paid $1999 plus $1 fee for 3 day delivery. I just saw the payment posted to my payee’s account! For MSers, you can swipe up to 4 VGCs as usual but as always, YMMV depending on cashier you’re dealing with. After doing this payment, you can buy up to $2K MO and swipe another 4 VGCs : )

Looks like your connection to PhatWallet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.