Walmart to roll out Grocery Delivery Nationwide $98 per year for unl. deliveries

• Global Moderator

Walmart’s Delivery Unlimited gives shoppers the option to pay either $98 per year or $12.95 per month to receive unlimited grocery delivery orders to their homes. Typically, on an order-by-order basis, delivery would cost an additional $9.99. In addition to fresh produce, meat and bakery items, some general merchandise is offered under the new unlimited service, the company said.

As part of the nationwide rollout, it said the service will be available in 200 metro areas where it already has regular grocery delivery, reaching more than 50% of the U.S. population, by the end of the year.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/12/walmart-expands-its-unlimited-grocery-delivery-service-nationwide.html

• I’ll take delivery for 2 neighbors if they each pay 1/3 x $98.

• Global Moderator

It’s not a bad deal if you got 50 deliveries a year, $1.96 per. the gas and time is easily worth that.

I see this being really good for shut ins/elderly folks who can’t drive.

• There’s a $30 minimum for delivery. But I can’t find a link to sign up for the yearly or monthly plan. I guess it’s not ready yet.

• Free trial will be handy next month when I’m staying at the all-suites MGM Signature (comped) and need provisioning

• Global Moderator

@zapjb said in Walmart to roll out Grocery Delivery Nationwide $98 per year for unl. deliveries:

There’s a $30 minimum for delivery. But I can’t find a link to sign up for the yearly or monthly plan. I guess it’s not ready yet.

correct, rolls out in October I believe.

• Global Moderator

They offer a free 15 day trial when using the home delivery service. Also when you use the code WOWFRESH, you can get $10 off $50, on your first time using the service. The free trial is greatly appreciated, especially during this time when I would not rather be in crowds.

• I don’t think this is a deal for me. As far as I can tell the only difference is a lower minimum purchase threshold. $35 minimum purchase without $98 membership & $30 minimum purchase with $98 membership. Delivery windows reservations are slammed & membership doesn’t give preferential treatment.

Am I missing anything?

• Global Moderator

@zapjb said in Walmart to roll out Grocery Delivery Nationwide $98 per year for unl. deliveries:

I don’t think this is a deal for me. As far as I can tell the only difference is a lower minimum purchase threshold. $35 minimum purchase without $98 membership & $30 minimum purchase with $98 membership. Delivery windows reservations are slammed & membership doesn’t give preferential treatment.

Am I missing anything?

Actually I opted for the 15 day free trial and then a $12.95 monthly fee and the minimum purchase requirement for home delivery is $30, not $35. After my free trial ends I plan to cancel and do curbside pickup at the store. That doesn’t cost anything extra, from what I understand. To me this is a better alternative then going to a crowded grocery store and having to stand in line an hour, with possibly infected people. before I can checkout. Because a lot of people haven’t been tested, they could be infected and not know it (asymptomatic).

I usually buy simple, staple items at Rite Aid or Walgreens (milk, sugar, etc.) because I can get in and out right away, even though they are more expensive than say the grocery srore or Walmart.

• That sounds like great news to me. On the other hand, someone has decided to make good money on it 🙂

• Global Moderator

I got a pleasant surprise. I was charged for 8 bags but I only received 7 bags (I got all my groceries, but I am just talking about the bag fees they charge for a reusable bag here in CA). I shot a quick 2 sentence e-mail to their help desk thinking they were going to credit me back 10 cents plus a penny tax, but they ended up crediting me $2.05, so go figure but I am happy about the resolution.

• @mrvietnam said in Walmart to roll out Grocery Delivery Nationwide $98 per year for unl. deliveries:

I got a pleasant surprise. I was charged for 8 bags but I only received 7 bags (I got all my groceries, but I am just talking about the bag fees they charge for a reusable bag here in CA). I shot a quick 2 sentence e-mail to their help desk thinking they were going to credit me back 10 cents plus a penny tax, but they ended up crediting me $2.05, so go figure but I am happy about the resolution.

Wow, if we had these I would have been broke. Normally I use my own bags in store but did a pick-up order at Walmart in these interesting times. Only 1 plastic bag had more than one item in it. I stretched the order to just make it over the $30 minimum and really only needed the eggs and milk. Each veggie was in a clear bag, then put in another plastic bag, so wasteful! Price I had to pay for not going in the store.

• Global Moderator

I am really enjoying my free trial of their home delivery service. I have learned to order the Walmart brand products as much as possible as they will substitute you to the higher priced national brands if they are out of stock of the Walmart brand at no extra charge.

Case in point: I ordered a 24 oz Walmart brand bottle of ketchup for 88 cents, but they were later out of stock, so they substituted a bigger size (32 oz) bottle of Heinz ketchup that goes for $3.29 all at no extra charge. I just had to pay 88 cents for the original item before substitution.

Looks like your connection to PhatWallet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.