Am Ex Offer: Spend $25+ on gas via the Shell App, get $10 back (expires 12/13/20) YMMV on getting offer

• Global Moderator

Details

Get a one-time $10 statement credit by adding your enrolled Card to a qualifying digital wallet to make a single purchase of $25 or more on automotive gas purchases using the Shell App by 12/13/2020. See terms.

Offer Terms

Enrollment limited. Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem. Only U.S.-issued American Express® Cards are eligible. Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels. Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card. Offer valid for automotive gas purchases made in-app with a qualifying digital wallet via the Shell App at participating Shell stations in the US. A “qualifying digital wallet” means any digital wallet accepted for payment within the Shell App. Participating stations can be found by using the Station Locator within the app. For your transaction to be eligible, you must first add your enrolled Card as the default card or payment method to a digital wallet accepted within the Shell App. The same digital wallet must then be selected for payment in-app. Qualifying spend must be met after any Fuel Rewards® savings are applied to an in-app purchase. Excludes any payments not made via the Shell App, such as transactions made online or by phone or payments made at the pump. Not valid on car washes, garage or mechanic services, or purchases made in convenience stores or at restaurants at Shell stations. Excludes locations outside of the US. Offer is non-transferable. Limit of 1 statement credit per Card Member. The enrolled Card account must not be cancelled or past due to receive statement credit. Any benefit earned from this offer is in addition to the rewards (i.e. Membership Rewards or cash back) earned as part of your existing Card benefits, but your ability to earn spend-based rewards for the purchase will be based on the amount after any statement credit or other discount is applied. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 12/13/2020, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Note that American Express may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from merchant until all items from your qualifying purchase have been provided/shipped by merchant. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you may not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. By adding an offer to a Card, you agree that American Express may send you communications about the offer. POID: K176:0001

• How do I link my existing Fuel Rewards account to the app?

• administrators

@mrvietnam I don’t think the Shell App allows payment via CC. (Unless they recently added it).

Also this seems very YMMV. 0/12 for me so far.

• Global Moderator

@dangeruss said in Am Ex Offer: Spend $25+ on gas via the Shell App, get $10 back (expires 12/13/20):

@mrvietnam I don’t think the Shell App allows payment via CC. (Unless they recently added it).

I did an offer like this before about a year ago and I paid with my credit card. If they did not allow payment with a credit card, why would Am Ex offer such a promotion?

The YMMV part of the deal about it not being widely available is a good point. I will add “YMMV” to the title.

• administrators

@mrvietnam said in Am Ex Offer: Spend $25+ on gas via the Shell App, get $10 back (expires 12/13/20) YMMV on getting offer:

@dangeruss said in Am Ex Offer: Spend $25+ on gas via the Shell App, get $10 back (expires 12/13/20):

I did an offer like this before about a year ago and I paid with my credit card. If they did not allow payment with a credit card, why would Am Ex offer such a promotion?

The YMMV part of the deal about it not being widely available is a good point. I will add “YMMV” to the title.

Maybe it’s just me. I know you can link the card to your fuel rewards account and pay by swiping that card at the pump, just not sure you can actually pay with a CC using the shell app.

Looks like your connection to PhatWallet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.