Starts 11/1: Free Thanksgiving items at WalMart via IBOTTA to first one million

• Global Moderator

Over a third of Americans say they will spend less on Thanksgiving this year, according to a recent survey of over 1,000 people by cash-back shopping app Ibotta. And a program launching Sunday may be able to help some Americans stretch their budget even further by offering cash back on Thanksgiving staples like turkey, green beans and stuffing.

Ibotta is teaming up with Walmart and brands like Campbell’s, Butterball and Coca-Cola to launch a program that aims to provide free Thanksgiving dinners to at least 1 million American families this year.

The shopping app, which has been downloaded more than 40 million times, will offer users 100% cash back on nine Thanksgiving dinner staples, including over 200 varieties and sizes of Butterball turkey roasts and full birds, when the items are purchased in-store at Walmart or through the retailer’s curbside pick-up or delivery services.

Here’s the full list of included items:

• Campbell’s condensed cream of mushroom soup (10.5-ounce can)
      2-liter bottle of Coke
      All varieties of Butterball 3-pound turkey roast or $9.98 cash back on all Butterball whole turkeys
      McCormick turkey gravy seasoning packet (0.87-ounce package)
      French’s crispy onions (2.8-ounce package)
      Idahoan instant mashed potatoes (8-ounce package)
      Great Value stuffing (6-ounce package)
      Great Value cranberry sauce (14-ounce can)
      Great Value frozen green beans (12-ounce bag)
      The program, which will officially be live in Walmart and in the Ibotta app on Sunday, November 1, is about giving back, Bryan Leach, CEO and founder of Ibotta, tells CNBC Make It.

• 500 Club

If you place the order online for pickup iBotta does not issue credit until the items are picked up.

I have an iBotta bonus for $5 on 18 items. Wasn’t sure I’d be able to earn it but now looking good! Thanks MisterC!

I presume EST.

• Global Moderator

@my4mainecoons said in Starts 11/1: Free Thanksgiving items at WalMart via IBOTTA to first one million:

If you place the order online for pickup iBotta does not issue credit until the items are picked up.

I have an iBotta bonus for $5 on 18 items. Wasn’t sure I’d be able to earn it but now looking good! Thanks MisterC!

I presume EST.

I’d check your IB first that the offers are listed prior to pick up.

• 500 Club

@mistercheap Good point. That was just an FYI for those who want to order online. I’m going to the store. I’ve checked the app and learned that 2 of the items aren’t available at my closest store so I’m going to import them from another store when I’m in that area. Import meaning purchase at a store that has them. On Nov. 2 return them at my local store then re-buy them.

• My WM has a $35 min for pickup.

• 500 Club

I stopped by the WM nearest to home. They had 5 pkgs of the Idahoans, 3 of the McCormick gravy, plenty of green beans & turkey. None of the other items.

• 500 Club

IDK if its a rumor but one site says The offer will be available to new Ibotta users starting Sunday, November 1. Current Ibotta users will see the offer starting Wednesday, November 4.

I was hoping to finish a bonus with the freebies but that might not happen.

• What time will this hit Ibotta tonight?

• 500 Club

@sonofzeus maybe Mountain time and turn the clock back but their offers often begin at 9AM.

• I’m awake now and ready to rock. But nada on the Ibotta app re these freebies. YOYOY am I stoked by this $20 bundle? Maybe it’s the Harvest Blue Micro Moon.

• Butterball breast shows OOS for pickup.
    Moving on…
    I’ve loaded a $5 Ibotta rebate on $5.35 Incogmeato patties. 9-)

• Global Moderator

This Ibotta Thanksgiving offer is now live. I am off to Walmart to see what is available.

• Global Moderator

@mrvietnam said in Starts 11/1: Free Thanksgiving items at WalMart via IBOTTA to first one million:

This Ibotta Thanksgiving offer is now live. I am off to Walmart to see what is available.

Just back from Walmart. Got about $22.50 of free stuff after Ibotta. The only three things I didn’t get were the French’s Original fried onions, cranberry sauce and stuffing because they were sold out at the store I was at.

Thanks, sonofzeus, for the HU on the nearly free Incogmeato patties. I elected to get the Mickey Mouse-shaped “chicken” nuggets for $5.34, so only 34 cents after Ibotta.

• 500 Club

The French’s onions aren’t even available online. They weren’t available at any of the WM’s when I looked for them a week ago. I picked up everything except the Frenchs & the frozens last week then returned and re-bought on Weds. night. The offer was available after midnight on the 4th.

Its been a while since I got them but I think the Incogmeato counted for KFR points. I used a $1/1 mq as well.

I found the free after iBotta Munk Nut & Seed bars and Simple Mills bars last night. There were $1/1 peelies on the Simple Mills bars. My closest store has the Pepsi Zero but doesn’t carry Mountain Dew Zero.

• Global Moderator

@my4mainecoons said in Starts 11/1: Free Thanksgiving items at WalMart via IBOTTA to first one million:

Its been a while since I got them but I think the Incogmeato counted for KFR points. I used a $1/1 mq as well.

You’re right about Incogmeato being a Kellogg’s company:

Kellogg’s Incogmeato line will introduce meatless bratwurst and Italian sausage in June. The products will be sold in the fresh meat case. Incogmeato is part of Kellogg’s

Looks like your connection to PhatWallet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.