Heads Up! Kohl's $10 off $10 in store coupon in latest email good through 11/24/17 at 1pm (local)

• Here’s the title : STORES OPEN TONIGHT–Save $10 & Shop early for the best deals!

I wasn’t able to add this to the app to use online. Dread going to the store, but have 2 emails and 1 mailed coupon.

• No $10 for me, I got 15% off in my email…

• alt text

• STORES OPEN TONIGHT–Save $10 & Shop early for the best deals!

$10 PROMOTIONAL COUPON IS VALID ON A MINIMUM $10 PRE-TAX PURCHASE FOR ONE TRANSACTION OPEN THURS., NOV. 23-1:00PM FRI., NOV. 24, 2017 IN STORE ONLY WITH ANY TENDER TYPE. Surrender coupon for in-store purchase to receive discount. Coupon cannot be combined with another $10 off $10 coupon, but may be combined with other offers.

• my in-store only coupon is just $5 valid til 1pm Friday. 😞 I suck I guess.

One will need to be in line by like noon to make it up to a cashier by 1pm.

• I got this but only noticed it after we got home from Kohl’s (where we stopped on the way home from TG dinner). What are the odds that the couponis the same as what I got in the mail (and spent)? The store was surprisingly reasonable when we were there around 8pm, very short wait to check out. Target was even better, no lines at all. I’d go back to Kohl’s today, hopefully the lines won’t be that bad.

• I got the email coupon and the hard copy in the coupon in the mail, too. I tried to use them Thursday night in two separate transactions and it wouldn’t work. They said they’re the same coupon.

• @misterbill asked:

What are the odds that the coupon is the same as what I got in the mail (and spent)?

@sportsfan64 replied:

I got the email coupon and the hard copy coupon in the mail, too. I tried to use them Thursday night in two separate transactions and it wouldn’t work. They said they’re the same coupon.

@briarycliffs reported experiencing results similar to @sportsfan64’s in a similar thread, thereby supporting the supposition that the two barcodes are identical.

It appears that Kohl’s merely meant the email to be a reminder that there was a promotional gift available, in case the credit card-size paper version went unnoticed…or never arrived via snail mail…

Since the barcodes looked completely different to my untrained eye (filling me with the hope that, not only had I finally scored one, but, I had hit the jackpot with two promotional gifts), I uploaded an image of the generic-looking emailed barcode to a barcode reader, which then translated the bars into letters and numerals.

I then compared the results of the emailed, numberless barcode to the mailed, numbered barcode, only to be disappointed that the two were identical. 😞

If it seems too good to be true…

• Since the $10 off $10 promotional gift card from the F&F flyer had a barcode on it, I loaded it into Wallet last night and attempted to use it online, in order to avoid the BF mayhem in-store; not surprisingly, I received the error message:

This promo code can’t be applied on Kohls.com. Find out where this code works by checking the offer details. An offer is a horrible thing to waste!

Since I never, ever get these $10 off $10 cards from Kohl’s (just the $10 off $50 ones), I decided to bite the bullet and go to Kohl’s around lunchtime today (allowing time for the early morning Doorbuster madness to subside) in order to redeem my coveted promotional gift.

I entered the store by the customer service counter and was surprised at how seemingly calm the checkout area was; upon, closer inspection, however, I realized that, hidden behind the racks of returns on the other side of the registers, the checkout line stretched down the aisle, turned the corner, stretched down the next aisle for the entire length of the store, turned the next corner…

Not wanting to sacrifice the next two hours of my life by standing in the checkout line, but not quite ready to relinquish my prize, I attempted to bypass the In-Store Only redemption requirement by logging into Kohl’s Wi-Fi (couldn’t access my account), then, when that didn’t work, by using a kiosk…

Two kiosks and a lesson in patience later, I reached the checkout screen and error message:

This promo code can’t be applied on kiosk. Find out where this code works by checking the offer details. An offer is a horrible thing to waste!

As I conceded to defeat and trudged through the depths of the store in search of the end of the line, a kind soul tipped me off that the registers by the jewelry department were running 6 or 8 registers, vs. 4 by customer service, allowing him to have made it thru checkout in about 15 minutes!

Not being one to refuse the kindness of strangers, I followed his advice and was thru checkout and out the door no more than 10 minutes later (after first paying it forward by tipping off some of the poor souls still suffering in the other line, once I eventually found the end).

Note: By the time I reached the cash registers, it was after the 1pm promotional cutoff time; happily, however, the card was accepted!

• administrators

• @kohlspowrshopper said in Heads Up! Kohl's $10 off $10 in store coupon in latest email good through 11/24/17 at 1pm (local):

I then compared the results of the emailed, numberless barcode to the mailed, numbered barcode, only to be disappointed that the two were identical. 😞

If it seems too good to be true…

I forgot to look for replies here before printing the coupons (one from me and one from my daughter) and heading to Kohl’s before. Got there at around 12:30 and the lines were terrible, so we left and came back an hour later. Wasted time looking for towels, got on line for a while, finally got to the register only to be told that the coupons had already been used. Left the stuff at the register and walked out without buying anything.

I’m not sure if it’s funny or sad. Probably a combination. We did talk to some nice people while we were on line. Of course, had I seen the email yesterday before we went to Kohl’s, I would have discovered that it was the same coupon without making the extra trip. And I just found the “Send an email when replies are made to topics I am subscribed to” option here, so I will get notified when there are replies in the future.

• Global Moderator

@kohlspowrshopper said in Heads Up! Kohl's $10 off $10 in store coupon in latest email good through 11/24/17 at 1pm (local):

Since I never, ever get these $10 off $10 cards from Kohl’s (just the $10 off $50 ones), I decided to bite the bullet and go to Kohl’s around lunchtime today (allowing time for the early morning Doorbuster madness to subside) in order to redeem my coveted promotional gift.

I entered the store by the customer service counter and was surprised at how seemingly calm the checkout area was; upon, closer inspection, however…

Reading your recap felt like being regaled by Seinfeld’s J. Peterman about one of his bizarre adventures in the wild… you should reread it while imagining hearing John O’Hurley’s voice speak the words.

Looks like your connection to PhatWallet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.