All-New Fire TV with 4K Ultra HD and Alexa Voice Remote $49.99 @Amazon

• administrators

Lowest price ever by $20 (29% off)

https://charts.camelcamelcamel.com/us/B01N32NCPM/amazon.png?force=1&desired=true&legend=0&ilt=1&tp=all&zero=0&fo=1&h=286&w=588&lang=en

I don’t have this one, I have gen 1, but it definitely feels snappier than the stick. While the stick is fine for most people, I think this is the perfect add-on to your TV, throw Kodi on there, and I don’t see myself needing anything else.

• Global Moderator

Lots of horrible reviews. Can you tell me what you like about this in greater detail?

• administrators

@orthros said in All-New Fire TV with 4K Ultra HD and Alexa Voice Remote $49.99 @Amazon:

Lots of horrible reviews. Can you tell me what you like about this in greater detail?

Sorry did not read the reviews before. I assumed this is just the improved version of the earlier gen FireTV, but looks like it still has some growing pains.

The list price is cheaper than the original fire tv (which was $100). So you would expect slightly reduced hardware.

I like the one I have because it’s snappier than the fire tv stick. As with most fire devices you can sideload apps, so no root is necessary. Amazon Videos, Netflix, Hulu, Kodi, Youtube all work flawlessly. There is even some integration between some of these third party apps and Alexa. Oh and did I mention it comes with Alexa? Using the voice remote you can ask most things that you can ask from Alexa and I believe you can even buy things including Alexa Deals.

I was able to cut the cord and I use the fire tv exclusively.

• This is probably moot since the price has gone back up to $69.99 for this one but I went with Gen 2 instead of this Gen 3. The video is slightly better on this one but they got rid of the ethernet, USB and MicroSd ports from Gen 2 to Gen 3.

• administrators

@spinefan I read the same in the reviews.

Personally I haven’t needed the ethernet port since I got WIFI working reliably in my house, and I’ve never had the need to use the microSD port. I may have used the USB port to hook up a keyboard to it at one point, but I think with the FireTV app, it’s no longer necessary (I believe it has a virtual keyboard on there).

• 1000 Club

fire tv stick has bluetooth, I use a bluetooth keyboard. I have hooked up an optical mouse with 3 way adapter. I could post to my facebook with my fire tv stick.

• Deal is dead.

Looks like your connection to PhatWallet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.