Free Can of Blue Buffalo Wet Dog Food at Petsmart - Petsmart Petperks Members Expires 1/12/18

• neither works! but found working link on a slick website

So thank you for the info

• Working linky-poo

Please use the add-a link-function (Linking chain symbol), instead of c&p long links in a post. They almost always break. It only takes a few seconds to use the add-a-link function. You can give it a name, or simply say something like “click here” or “link”.

ETA: Your link still didn’t work, I had to go find another. Can you please take the time to ensure that you have working links in your posts?

• @sweetclover said in Free Can of Blue Buffalo Wet Dog Food at Petsmart - Petsmart Petperks Members Expires 1/12/18:

Working linky-poo

Please use the add-a link-function (Linking chain symbol), instead of c&p long links in a post. They almost always break. It only takes a few seconds to use the add-a-link function. You can give it a name, or simply say something like “click here” or “link”.

ETA: Your link still didn’t work, I had to go find another. Can you please take the time to ensure that you have working links in your posts?

The add a link function worked, thanks for the tip. With your added information and suggestion I updated the post and fixed the problem. Thanks again for the helpful suggestion

As for taking the time, I apologize for being limited in my time at the Holiday season. Due to the nature of my employment I am working 12 hour days usually without a day off (But I am hoping being off but on call works). Sweetclover, your assistance would be appreciated. Next time you find a working link please post it for everyone to use rather than leave the post lacking from my mistake as that is one of the great things carried over to this board from FW, the willingness of everyone to help out for the benefit of all

• Global Moderator

@Tuskers printable coupons go in HD for pet items. tax is still required on this in many states.

moved to HD.

• 500 Club

@sweetclover FYI your link didn’t work for me either.
    Here’s the ip address of the q I printed but IDK if it will work for others.

• Everything above that I clicked on said “not a valid petsmart coupon code”

• @my4mainecoons It was working, there was a coupon there to print. Tuskers original link took you to a blank page. Now I see this message, “The coupon code is not a valid PetSmart coupon”. And your link is showing the same message. The URL appears to be a link from an email, and maybe it was meant to only work from an email. I guess if you get emails from PetSmart, check to see if you got this, and try accessing it from there.

ETA: Went back to the source where I found the link, and when I click there, it shows the coupon. Trying something here, don’t know if it will work. When I go to my source, if I c&p from the address bar into a new tab, it shows the coupon. When I put the URL here, then c&p from here into a new tab, I get the blank page. When I first posted the link, the coupon showed, but now it doesn’t. Maybe this is something for the tech team to look at.

I was able to save it as a PDF, but this forum won’t allow PDF’s. It gives me some error message & says I don’t have enough privileges. 😕 <sigh>

• 500 Club

@somanycats @SweetClover I got my link from SD as well. It was in their freebie forum and I cross posted it to the Pet Food thread.

I received PetSmart email for $10 off a bag of Science Diet cat food but it was personalized coupon.
    The Blue Buffalo is generic, can use it on any acct.

• Global Moderator

@my4mainecoons SD’s freebie forum is willy-nilly, I see many free deals (from coupon posts) in HD on SD, some even as Front Page deals so not sure what their rules are.

Here’s the guidelines on Phat.

1. all PRINTABLE pet food coupons direct from petstores-grocery go in HD. As do manufacturer, but those should be GOOD coupons as opposed to 25c off 24 cans of dog food. (say BOGO, high value, free treats with purchase, etc) why? because they can be used same day, and often require sales tax charged on the pre Q amount. Naturally any .com order coupons (like clip coupon at Amazon) go in HD as well.

2. Offers for FREE Pet food/supplies where you SIGN UP at the website and you are US Mailed the full size item (can of food) or you get a sample in the mail goes in Free Stuff.

• 500 Club

@mistercheap I wasn’t commenting on forum protocol, I was just trying to help folks looking for a good link-- letting them know where to find it.

• Global Moderator

@my4mainecoons ok, thanks. I said that only because this topic started out in Free Stuff and was moved to HD, so thought that may have generated some of the discussion.

• Global Moderator

@sweetclover said in Free Can of Blue Buffalo Wet Dog Food at Petsmart - Petsmart Petperks Members Expires 1/12/18:

Please note that @dangeRuss does not want links posted using the linking tool, but wants them copied and pasted to allow the auto-insertion of pictures and product/website blurbs to work. If copying and pasting is causing links to break, he definitely needs to look into that since he doesn’t want us to use the link tool for links to deals.

• Try the link I posted now

Thank you sewwtclover for trying to get a good link

• administrators

@fivetalents said in Free Can of Blue Buffalo Wet Dog Food at Petsmart - Petsmart Petperks Members Expires 1/12/18:

@sweetclover said in Free Can of Blue Buffalo Wet Dog Food at Petsmart - Petsmart Petperks Members Expires 1/12/18:

Please note that @dangeRuss does not want links posted using the linking tool, but wants them copied and pasted to allow the auto-insertion of pictures and product/website blurbs to work. If copying and pasting is causing links to break, he definitely needs to look into that since he doesn’t want us to use the link tool for links to deals.

Not that I don’t want people using it, more of you should try it without using the link tool first and see if it gives a better experience. If the link by itself doesn’t provide a better experience (LInks with _ in them break for example), then by all means use the link tool. Or for any other reason. I just want people to be aware of the iframely plugin and that it will provide a better experience most of the time.

• administrators

There may be something wrong with the autolinker for petsmart. I took the working link, properly added the attribution and replaced your links @tuskers and @SweetClover

BTW if you guys notice the autolinker breaking links, please let the mods know. In the short term we may be able to replace it with a working link, and in the long term we’ll fix the autolinker.

• Thank you for the fix

• @mistercheap I was wondering why it was moved to HD, though that wasn’t part of the discussion, so thanks for explaining that.

• @dangeruss said in Free Can of Blue Buffalo Wet Dog Food at Petsmart - Petsmart Petperks Members Expires 1/12/18:

@fivetalents said in Free Can of Blue Buffalo Wet Dog Food at Petsmart - Petsmart Petperks Members Expires 1/12/18:

Not that I don’t want people using it, more of you should try it without using the link tool first and see if it gives a better experience. If the link by itself doesn’t provide a better experience (LInks with _ in them break for example), then by all means use the link tool. Or for any other reason. I just want people to be aware of the iframely plugin and that it will provide a better experience most of the time.

Thanks you for the clarification, as I was somewhat confused regarding the use of the add a link feature. That feature was used on FW, and I see it being used in HD by many. Wasn’t aware that c&p somehow allowed insertion of other content. I just add my own pics to posts I make using the picture or upload image tools.

• 500 Club

@dangeruss What’s autolink vs. copy & paste? What’s the link tool? I highlight the text I want to use then click on the figure 8 that’s tipped 45 degrees. Paste in the URL where it says to. (not very tech savvy…)

On topic: I got a can last night. The q went through w/o a hitch.

• administrators

Autolink is a tool that we have that converts regular links to affiliate links. Copy and paste is just putting the link into the post like

http://www.petco.com

using the link tool is what you are describing.

Looks like your connection to PhatWallet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.