Threads/Deals need to be divided better.

• Threads need an divider or separator. Site looks like a wall of words and there isn’t good visual separation.
    At the very least, have a horizontal line between deals/deals/threads/posts.

Avatars are too big on the pages listing threads. This results in seeing much fewer useful items on the page than optimal.

I’d like to see more substance with less mickey mouse white space fillers. If I step back and not focus on the page, it’s pretty. When I actually want to read substance, it’s not user friendly.

While the design of FW and SD may seem dated, they are very user friendly. There’s a reason why that style is still being used in those sites.

• 1000 Club

Thanks for posting Riznik, I’ll tag @dangeRuss so he can see this. He’s been making many improvements steadily as time goes.

• administrators

@FrugalFreak @riznick How 's that?

• Too much white & no delineation.

• 1000 Club

It is possible to change skins, “Slate” and “Dark” are two skins that might help with your issue. Simplex skin seems to make things look more compressed with less padding to me, Hope that helps some @zapjb and @riznick . Skins are in your settings. Click on your icon in top right corner, select Settings.

• Thanks FrugalFreak. Much, much, much better with the darkly skin. I needed sunglasses for the white skins.

• 1000 Club

Glad it helped @zapjb, @riznick is the horizontal rules and grayish background a bit better?

• I switched to paper. It helps somewhat. I now have the divider/separators. Thanks.

That awful default theme needs to be tossed. New users aren’t going to know about it and it sets a bad first impression.

My other concerns still hold about the display of threads. Avatars are too big on the pages listing threads. This results in seeing much fewer useful items on the page than optimal. Also, It would be nice if the page took advantage of the width or my monitor.

When looking at the list of threads:
    Minor Design Issue: Tags and author links should probably have the same font size. right now it seems the author link is slightly larger.
    Major Design Issue: The tags and author links shouldn’t be the same color as the thread title. They blur the attention and focus.

P.S. I used to advise FW on usability issues and user experience enhancements.

• Global Moderator

@riznick said in Threads/Deals need to be divided better.:

I switched to paper. It helps somewhat. I now have the divider/separators. Thanks.

That awful default theme needs to be tossed. New users aren’t going to know about it and it sets a bad first impression.

My other concerns still hold about the display of threads. Avatars are too big on the pages listing threads. This results in seeing much fewer useful items on the page than optimal. Also, It would be nice if the page took advantage of the width or my monitor.

Minor Design Issue: Tags and author links should probably have the same font size. right now it seems the author link is slightly larger.
    Major Design Issue: The tags and author links shouldn’t be the same color as the thread title. They blur the attention and focus.

Tagging @dangeRuss to make sure that he sees this. Thanks for taking the time to clearly describe these issues, particularly given your knowledge of the subject.

• administrators

@riznick said in Threads/Deals need to be divided better.:

I switched to paper. It helps somewhat. I now have the divider/separators. Thanks.

Which skin do you think we should set as the default? Personally, I like spacelab.

The width thing is fixed. Let me know what you think.

Will address these later. Not sure how much control I can have over the colors of things and still let people pick custom skins. @dotdots Do you think you can lend a hand here?

• Global Moderator

what I pm’ed to FIVETALENTS: (hadn’t seen this thread)

Might I suggest we add a slight coloring behind alternating hot deals on the list (sort of how it was on FW) as you scroll down to scan/read them all, it looks like one big mumbo jumbo of lines. Also, maybe removing the ‘giant’ avatar next to each one would be a plus, as the poster’s name is already underneath each deal post (or any post in any forum) and I’m not sure what having all these alphabet letters adds since most are not using a custom avatar anyway. I think it’s a distraction away from the titles of the threads.
    Thanks for allowing me to ‘vent’. MC
    Maybe a smaller PHW bullet point next to each makes more sense than the big avatar thing.

• @dangeruss Yep, shouldn’t be a difficult task to change font sizes and color. I’ll pm you for more details

• administrators

@dotdots said in Threads/Deals need to be divided better.:

@dangeruss Yep, shouldn’t be a difficult task to change font sizes and color. I’ll pm you for more details

The problem is that we have dark skins as well so if you change the color, I think you would need separate css per skin.

Looks like your connection to PhatWallet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.