eBay shipping damage claim

• Quick question… I bought a printer on ebay. When I received the printer, it was damaged in shipping. The seller advised the damage claim was accepted by the shipper (USPS). The purchase price of the item was $180.00 plus shipping of $29.91. The seller has sent me an email stating that I will receive a refund of my purchase price, but not the shipping fee.

Email from seller: Good afternoon, I just received the claim approval from USPS for their damage of the Epson printer. Unfortunately, they do not want to pay the full amount but either way when we receive the partial payment in about 10 days, we will refund you for the price of the printer (minus shipping fee). Thank you.

Is this correct that I am not entitled to a full refund? And lastly, is it correct that I must wait for USPS to refund the seller before I receive my refund?

Many thanks in advance and I sure am glad that PhatWallet lives on!

• 500 Club

Stop communicating with the seller and open a “not as described” case with Ebay. You will get ALL your money back.

• 1000 Club

PayPal should pay for up to 12 returns per year here: https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/returns

• @atikovi said in eBay shipping damage claim:

Stop communicating with the seller and open a “not as described” case with Ebay. You will get ALL your money back.

This & nothing but this.

• open a dispute. a good seller will not make you wait for a refund from USPS and will refund in FULL. Seller will eat shipping/postage on this one.

Looks like your connection to PhatWallet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.