FREE $5 Chalupa Cravings Box at Taco Bell on June 30th APP REQUIRED

• 5K Club

On June 30, get a box with these favorites for free as a Taco Bell account holder. Make sure to register for an account beforehand and download the app now!

@MrsGuin any offer at fast food or convenience stores that require the app to redeem them MUST BE IN THE TITLE of the post. from now on, if you fail to include the required app info in the title, your posts will be moved to expired.

• Global Moderator

Good deal, especially when you have multiple accounts. 😉

• Global Moderator

@mrvietnam said in FREE $5 Chalupa Cravings Box at Taco Bell on June 30th APP REQUIRED:

Good deal, especially when you have multiple accounts. 😉

yes, and as I explained to @MrsGuin that’s why this came over to HD. it’s an excellent offer.

• Global Moderator

HEADS UP!

Offer now in the Taco Bell app, however you must “save” the offer prior to ordering sometime today.

Not sure if they’ll pull the offer at any point, so might be a good idea to save it when you read this and redeem it later when you head to the drive thru.

• Global Moderator

@mistercheap said in FREE $5 Chalupa Cravings Box at Taco Bell on June 30th APP REQUIRED:

HEADS UP!

Offer now in the Taco Bell app, however you must “save” the offer prior to ordering sometime today.

Not sure if they’ll pull the offer at any point, so might be a good idea to save it when you read this and redeem it later when you head to the drive thru.

Interesting you have to save the offer first. Their other offers don’t require that. Perhaps there is a limit to how many free $5 Chalupa Cravings boxes they will give away as part of this promotion. Thanks for the HU, MC.

You can even order IN ADVANCE and “pay” for it. That makes sure your order is in the pipeline just in case they decide to pull it. I placed an order on one account for a 5:45 pm pickup and on another account for a 6 pm pick up from another nearby Taco Bell location.

• Global Moderator

Here are the offer details"

Offer Details

Today only, 6/30/20, Taco Bell account holders get a Free $5 Chalupa Cravings Box. No purchase required. Offer redeemable online or on the app. Order ahead for drive-thru pickup only.

Expires June 30, 2020, 11:59pm PST

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Offer valid for one (1) free Chalupa Cravings Box per registered user/account at participating US locations on 6/30/20 until 11:59.59 PST or local store operating hours and while supplies last. Only available for redemption through Taco Bell web and app pay ahead orders for drive-thru pickup, subject to pickup window availability. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Not available with a delivery order. Must register as a user on tacobell.com or the Taco Bell app and be logged into your account when placing an order to redeem. Check your local Taco Bell store for availability. Items and participation may vary. Product or ingredient substitutions, upgrades or add-ons add additional cost. Drinks excludes Freezes. Void if copied, transferred, reproduced and where prohibited or restricted. No cash value. Tax extra. Offers may vary. Internet distribution strictly prohibited. ©2020 Taco Bell IP Holder, LLC

• Global Moderator

JUST AS A HEADS UP IF YOU ARE TRYING TO REDEEM ON MORE THAN ONE ACCOUNT:

After I redeemed on one account and signed out and then signed back in on the same browser to redeem on another account the offer did not take even though I saved it. I then signed out and went to private browsing on that same web browser, but it said it could not log me in when I put in my username and password. It wasn’t until I used ANOTHER WEB BROWSER (and I did it incognito - don’t know if that part is required though) it let me redeem for another account.

It allows you to create additional accounts and get the offer today - no need to have created the account previously, However, like I said, make sure you are doing it in a different browser than you previously redeemed the offer already.

You are allowed to substitute the Cinnamon Twists for chips and nacho cheese or guacomole or one other, but there is a 49 cent upcharge. I passed on that.

• Global Moderator

Wow. Am I lucky that I placed two of my orders for pick up later in the day this morning? Now when you try to log in to www.tacobell.com it says *can’t place an order via the app either):

OUR WEBSITE IS EXPERIENCING HIGHER THAN NORMAL TRAFFIC
    WE’RE WORKING TO FIX THE ISSUE AND ENCOURAGE YOU TO CHECK BACK LATER OR VISIT @TACOBELLCARE ON TWITTER FOR UPDATES.

What a big screw up on Taco Bell’s part. I wonder how long their website has been down. They would have to known giving away and advertising it a lot a $5 freebie that you can only get online or through the app for one day only that there would be a zillion people trying to get it. I bet Taco Bell is going to have thousands and thousands of unhappy customers. Looks like their promotion backfired.

• Global Moderator

@mrvietnam said in FREE $5 Chalupa Cravings Box at Taco Bell on June 30th APP REQUIRED:

Wow. Am I lucky that I placed two of my orders for pick up later in the day this morning? Now when you try to log in to www.tacobell.com it says *can’t place an order via the app either):

OUR WEBSITE IS EXPERIENCING HIGHER THAN NORMAL TRAFFIC
    WE’RE WORKING TO FIX THE ISSUE AND ENCOURAGE YOU TO CHECK BACK LATER OR VISIT @TACOBELLCARE ON TWITTER FOR UPDATES.

What a big screw up on Taco Bell’s part. I wonder how long their website has been down. They would have to known giving away and advertising it a lot a $5 freebie that you can only get online or through the app for one day only that there would be a zillion people trying to get it. I bet Taco Bell is going to have thousands and thousands of unhappy customers. Looks like their promotion backfired.

YMMV, but I called directly the Taco Bell location I wanted to pick up from and explained that the Taco Bell website was down and I could not order the promo and she said I could just come and use the drive thru and explain that I could not access Taco Bell’s website to get the offer and they will just give it to me. No coupon required.

The lesson learned is to call your Taco Bell and ask them what you should do to get the offer because their site is down and yo just might luck out luck I did.

• Considering that they have had outages like this in the past (World series promos come to mind), you’d think they could get this sorted out. Sigh. 🙄

• @mrvietnam said in FREE $5 Chalupa Cravings Box at Taco Bell on June 30th APP REQUIRED:

YMMV, but I called directly the Taco Bell location I wanted to pick up from and explained that the Taco Bell website was down and I could not order the promo and she said I could just come and use the drive thru and explain that I could not access Taco Bell’s website to get the offer and they will just give it to me. No coupon required.

SO’s coworker did this with no problem.

Tried the app but got this:
    0_1593567174252_20200630_220004932_iOS.gif

Finally got in at around 7:05pm EDT and was able to checked out.

• Global Moderator

Got mine at 11AM, sort of brunch for me as I skipped breakfast.

Changed the soft drink option to diet soda. Burrito and Taco were quite tasty, wasn’t a big fan of the chalupa (first time trying it). Glad it was free, wouldn’t pay to order one. Didn’t mess with the cinnamon sticks, don’t want all the sugar, just tossed them.

I’ve been spending $0-$2 on average to eat at Fast Food places lately for a meal and drink. Whether it is BK, Wendy’s, Taco Bell. Can’t eat home for much less, or even at the price when you consider prep, clean up, etc. Been great!

• I complained to TB on Twitter (per their suggestion as they acknowledged the problems on the day of the offer) and they sent me a personalized link to enter my email and I will supposedly be receiving something soon to make up for not being able to place an order on 6/30.

Looks like your connection to PhatWallet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.