SavingStar Shutting Down November 30, 2020

• 0_1604019443166_Savingstar.png image url)

• I have credit in SS but not enough to reach threshold for withdrawal. Do you know if they’ll allow redemption?

• Global Moderator

@mmyk said in SavingStar Shutting Down November 30, 2020:

I have credit in SS but not enough to reach threshold for withdrawal. Do you know if they’ll allow redemption?

Yes! According to what they wrote on their site:

You may also be eligible to get a PayPal payout in the amount of your balance. It’s easy, but you need to act by November 30, 2020.

So I will cash out my 3 accounts and be done with them.

• Global Moderator

@mrvietnam said in SavingStar Shutting Down November 30, 2020:

I have credit in SS but not enough to reach threshold for withdrawal. Do you know if they’ll allow redemption?

Yes! According to what they wrote on their site:

You may also be eligible to get a PayPal payout in the amount of your balance. It’s easy, but you need to act by November 30, 2020.

So I will cash out my 3 accounts and be done with them.

That’s interesting. Even though they say you can cash out for the amount of your balance, when I actually try to it says cash out when you reach $20. Since I have $18.30 on that account, I will try to get it up to $20 to cash out. Maybe because thee announcement is very recent, they have not yet adjusted the payout amount requirement to allow any amount. Just a guess.

• Global Moderator

Now here is what I see:

Pay out your balance
    All it takes is a few simple steps to complete by November 30, 2020. Your final balance will be paid out via PayPal by December 31, 2020.

Download the new Coupons.com app using this link.
    Sign up or sign in and activate at least one of the new grocery cash back offers.
    Fill out the form below and hit submit.
    Coupons.com email
    PayPal email

Terms and Conditions:
    Eligible Accounts: This promotion is open to current SavingStar account holders with an Account balance of less than $20.00 at the time of performing the Verification Step (defined below) (each an “Eligible Account”) who perform the required steps as described below. This offer may be redeemed only once per Eligible Account pursuant to this promotion, and each Coupons.com account used to redeem this offer may only be associated with one Eligible Account. Decisions regarding eligibility shall be made by SavingStar and are final and binding.

Offer Details:
    To qualify for this offer, you must be the owner of an Eligible Account and must complete each of the following steps: (i) sign into your Eligible Account; (ii) while signed into the Eligible Account, enter the email address associated with your valid Coupons.com account (“Associated Account”) and an email address associated with your valid PayPal account (this step (ii) is referred to as the “Verification Step”); (iii) activate a valid Coupons.com cash back offer (as defined in the Coupons.com Terms of Use), while logged into your Associated Account, between [October 27, 2020, and November 30, 2020] (this step (iii) is referred to as the “Activation Step”); and iv) have a positive, non-zero Account balance in your Eligible Account on December 1, 2020 at 11:59pm CST (steps (i)-(ii) collectively the “Qualifying Steps” and each individually a “Qualifying Step”). If you complete all of the Qualifying Steps, you will qualify to receive a credit from Quotient Technology Inc., through its service Coupons.com and paid via PayPal to the PayPal account associated with the email provided in the Verification Step, in the amount of the Account balance in the Eligible Account as of December 1, 2020, at 11:59pm CST (“Credit”). Payment will be made via PayPal by December 31, 2020. Your entitlement to the credit is conditioned on your successful completion of each Qualifying Step. Failure to complete any of the Qualifying Steps renders you ineligible to receive the Credit. Decisions regarding whether the Qualifying Steps have been successfully completed are at the sole discretion of SavingStar and are final and binding. In exchange for the issuance of the Credit by Quotient, you further agree that you no longer have any interest or claim to any amounts in the Account balance of the Eligible Account, and, to the extent any exist, assign any and all rights in such Account balance to SavingStar Inc. After the credit has been issued, you will no longer have access to your Eligible Account and can no longer earn Awards for or withdraw Awards from the Eligible Account. If your SavingStar account is considered inactive under the SavingStar Terms of Service, the performance of any of the Qualifying Steps is not considered activating an offer, receiving an Award, or withdrawing Awards from your SavingStar Account, and your SavingStar account status will remain inactive and inactivity fees may still be assessed. The Eligible Account remains subject to the SavingStar Terms of Service, and this offer is not intended to modify or waive any such terms, including the requirement that you have accumulated the minimum withdrawal threshold of $20.00 in order for you to have the right to make a withdrawal from your account. Unless defined herein, all capitalized terms shall have the same meaning as in the SavingStar Terms of Service.

Owner of the Eligible Account must be the same as the owner of the associated Coupons.com account. This offer is void where restricted or otherwise prohibited by law. This offer is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Not valid with any other consumer offer. Offer is non-transferable. No substitutions will be permitted. SavingStar reserves the right to modify or discontinue this offer at any time for any reason. Issuance of the credit is subject to the Coupons.com Terms of Use.

• Global Moderator

I have a balance of $18.30 in one of my Savingstar accounts. If I do a few more rebates and bring it up to $20, can I cash out now as normal or must I too jump through the hoops described on one of my earlier posts? Since zi am so close to $20, I will try to reach the $30 and see if it lets me cash out without going through the hoops or not.

• Global Moderator

Final Reminder that if you have money sitting in your savingstar account, you must migrate over to coupons.com APP to save your funds and get them paid out via the app.

after 11/30 there will be no way to do so and you’ll forfeit the funds.

• 500 Club

@mistercheap I’ve been getting paid out to bank accounts and to PayPal. I believe we have until Nov. 30 to do that. I can’t print from Q.com on W7 or W10 because I don’t have a cell phone to re-verify. So I presume that I can’t use the App either. Still able to print on previously verified XPP machine.

• Global Moderator

RIP Savingstar

• Global Moderator

@my4mainecoons said in SavingStar Shutting Down November 30, 2020:

@mistercheap I’ve been getting paid out to bank accounts and to PayPal. I believe we have until Nov. 30 to do that. I can’t print from Q.com on W7 or W10 because I don’t have a cell phone to re-verify. So I presume that I can’t use the App either. Still able to print on previously verified XPP machine.

Really, you don’t have any kind of cell phone for texts?

I guess our society now is kind of leaving people w/o tech behind. Almost have to have a smartphone now for apps to get many deals at fast food, digital savings (Ibotta, q.com, etc). Maybe a friend can help you out? D/L the coupons.com app, you create an account w/your info from savingstar. activate an offer, register your paypal there and get the money in your savingstar when it pays out. after you do all the ‘red tape’ stuff, you don’t even have to keep the app on that persons phone, just delete it. your account will remain ‘active’.

• Global Moderator

RIP Savingstar

I’m wondering too about c/o 51 since that is also owned by coupons.com. Their offers haven’t been quite as exciting of late either.

• 500 Club

@mistercheap said in SavingStar Shutting Down November 30, 2020:

@my4mainecoons said in SavingStar Shutting Down November 30, 2020:

Really, you don’t have any kind of cell phone for texts?

I guess our society now is kind of leaving people w/o tech behind. Almost have to have a smartphone now for apps to get many deals at fast food, digital savings (Ibotta, q.com, etc). Maybe a friend can help you out? D/L the coupons.com app, you create an account w/your info from savingstar. activate an offer, register your paypal there and get the money in your savingstar when it pays out. after you do all the ‘red tape’ stuff, you don’t even have to keep the app on that persons phone, just delete it. your account will remain ‘active’.

I lost my flip phone in Dec. 2019. I’d previously verified with it but i can’t re- verify now. I use a $20 LG smartphone with WiFi for iBotta. I have/had 6 S* accts. and sent earnings to PayPal and to different bank accounts at least a month apart. The merchant can see the name associated with a PayPal account regardless of the email used. So using different email addresses doesn’t mean you can have multiple q.com accounts. What good is one, LOL?

• I have 18.xx in the Savings* account on a wifi only phone. When I sign in to coupons.com app w the same email used for Saving*, it requires Text or Phone verification. Now I’m screwed bc when I enter my cellphone, it recognizes that phone has been used for another coupons.com app on a different phone. So no way to verify or is there a work around? Btw, Google voice number didn’t work either.

Also, if I can get thru the verification step, will the 18.xx balance from Saving* transfer to the coupons.com app??

• Global Moderator

I have 18.xx in the Savings* account on a wifi only phone. When I sign in to coupons.com app w the same email used for Saving*, it requires Text or Phone verification. Now I’m screwed bc when I enter my cellphone, it recognizes that phone has been used for another coupons.com app on a different phone. So no way to verify or is there a work around? Btw, Google voice number didn’t work either.

Also, if I can get thru the verification step, will the 18.xx balance from Saving* transfer to the coupons.com app??

yes, as long as you have activated at least one coupon offer in the app.

They have a help/contact feature on the app, you may want to write them and explain your situation, but 11/30 is 2 days away, doesn’t leave you much time.

• Thanks MrC. Good idea. I’m going to try using my parent’s landline to verify… not sure if non-mobile numbers work but that phone# has not been associated w any Q.com accounts. If that doesn’t work, I’ll try the customer service but I think it’s pretty much dead end at that point.

• @mistercheap I have $16.05 in my account but the cash out was grayed out so no way to redeem the money. I do have a coupons.com app and used the same email when signed up long ago, so if they can transfer the balance to my coupons.com account then i don’t really care. But how can i request them to transfer?

• @mmyk said in SavingStar Shutting Down November 30, 2020:

Thanks MrC. Good idea. I’m going to try using my parent’s landline to verify… not sure if non-mobile numbers work but that phone# has not been associated w any Q.com accounts. If that doesn’t work, I’ll try the customer service but I think it’s pretty much dead end at that point.

Happy to report that using my parent’s landline worked 👍. They answered the call and text me back the code which I entered into Q.com app for Verification. I also added a PayPal email which now says ‘Linked’ in Q.com app. I clicked ‘+’ on a few grocery rebates [Ben & Jerry’s, cereals, etc]… So is that’s all I need to do to get the $18.xx Savings* balance?

• Global Moderator

Check your Pay Pal. I just got paid the amount that was in my old Savingstar account with the following message:

Coupons.com has sent you $9.25 USD
    NOTE FROM Coupons.com:
    You successfully met the promotion criteria for SavingStar account holders and earned this reward from Quotient Technology.

• Global Moderator

Check your Pay Pal. I just got paid the amount that was in my old Savingstar account with the following message:

Coupons.com has sent you $9.25 USD
    NOTE FROM Coupons.com:
    You successfully met the promotion criteria for SavingStar account holders and earned this reward from Quotient Technology.

thanks for the heads up. Yep, sure enough, mine came through too. $8.75. nice little bonus since it would have taken forever to get back up to $20 on savingstar to cash out.

Looks like your connection to PhatWallet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.