TOP CASHBACK Meet/Beat better CB rates found on other CB sites (see post/link)

• Global Moderator

The TopCashback highest cash back guarantee is a program we proudly present. With this feature, members that have found a better cash back offer on another site can come back to TopCashback, make their purchase as they normally would, then fill out a claim to receive the better rate.

Matching the cash back of a competitor is one thing, but we didn’t get our reputation as America’s most generous cash back site by being as good as everyone else. At TopCashback we promise to not only match the rate you have found, but beat it and automatically uplift your cash back. To start this process you just need to complete a few easy steps.

https://www.topcashback.com/blog/cash-back-guarantee/

• Global Moderator

@mistercheap said in TOP CASHBACK Meet/Beat better CB rates found on other CB sites (see post/link):

The TopCashback highest cash back guarantee is a program we proudly present. With this feature, members that have found a better cash back offer on another site can come back to TopCashback, make their purchase as they normally would, then fill out a claim to receive the better rate.

Matching the cash back of a competitor is one thing, but we didn’t get our reputation as America’s most generous cash back site by being as good as everyone else. At TopCashback we promise to not only match the rate you have found, but beat it and automatically uplift your cash back. To start this process you just need to complete a few easy steps.

Beware of their customer service track record. They are quick to decline tickets for missing cashback. I can only imagine getting your cashback rates matched somewhere else will by YMMV at best. As for me if I see a better cashback rate somewhere else, I will use that portal instead. No use of having to go through customer service and hope they match the rate when you can just go to the source and get the cashback rate for sure.

• Global Moderator

@mrvietnam said in TOP CASHBACK Meet/Beat better CB rates found on other CB sites (see post/link):

@mistercheap said in TOP CASHBACK Meet/Beat better CB rates found on other CB sites (see post/link):

Beware of their customer service track record. They are quick to decline tickets for missing cashback. I can only imagine getting your cashback rates matched somewhere else will by YMMV at best. As for me if I see a better cashback rate somewhere else, I will use that portal instead. No use of having to go through customer service and hope they match the rate when you can just go to the source and get the cashback rate for sure.

@MrVietnam I’m inclined to do this if it’s a site offering a higher rate I never use or even have an account with. I figure, I have nothing to lose. If they come through, great, if it’s a PITA and it doesn’t credit, I’ve really lost nothing.

• Global Moderator

@mrvietnam said in TOP CASHBACK Meet/Beat better CB rates found on other CB sites (see post/link):

@MrVietnam I’m inclined to do this if it’s a site offering a higher rate I never use or even have an account with. I figure, I have nothing to lose. If they come through, great, if it’s a PITA and it doesn’t credit, I’ve really lost nothing.

To each their own. One of TCB’s major competitors is Retailmenot (RMN) and they are the main site that offers great rates and their customer service is hands down the best. I feel very comfortable going directly through RMN. Very seldom do obscure cashback sites have great cashback rates. I suppose if it was an obscure site I might do as you said, but the only site I have ever came across with great rates is RMN and I know I will get their rate when I go directly through them.

• Global Moderator

To each their own. One of TCB’s major competitors is Retailmenot (RMN) and they are the main site that offers great rates and their customer service is hands down the best. I feel very comfortable going directly through RMN. Very seldom do obscure cashback sites have great cashback rates. I suppose if it was an obscure site I might do as you said, but the only site I have ever came across with great rates is RMN and I know I will get their rate when I go directly through them.

I check current CB rates at cashbackmonitor.com. Obviously I have an account at RMN, so if they’re the top rate it’s a no brainer, not going to mess with filling out a form to NOT use RMN.

Let’s say I’m going to buy something ‘pricey’, like $100 order at JCP.com around Black Friday.

Top Cashback is paying 10% and some lesser site like Fluz or Dollar Dig which I don’t use is paying 18%. Of course I’ll click thru from TCB, but I’ll also fill out the form with the info if it might get me another $8+ in CB.

Obviously on a $3 order from Ebay, I’m not going to waste my time trying to get an extra 4c if TCB s 2% and another site is 3%. But as I said in my other post, if the CB amount is significant, I will fillout the form, again, with no risk, because I’ll only do it where it’s a site I don’t use offering a lot more % back than TCB.

• 500 Club

RMN used to be my #1 CB site but generally TCB has better %. RMN never has e.g. $2.50/$10 bonuses. Which site limits you to 7 per month? I lost out on CB a few months because of L7 and I think it’s RMN. I have ~$300 in my RMN account that I can’t cash out because they require sending a text message to your phone to confirm your identity and I don’t have a cell phone. I contacted them about it and they told me to have a friend do it for me. Not helpful.

• 500 Club

While I typically don’t have tracking and customer service issues with TCB, their long time to payout is disappointing. Purchase from TopCashback Gift Cards on 6/17 is still not payable.

• 500 Club

@c3 said in TOP CASHBACK Meet/Beat better CB rates found on other CB sites (see post/link):

While I typically don’t have tracking and customer service issues with TCB, their long time to payout is disappointing. Purchase from TopCashback Gift Cards on 6/17 is still not payable.

Their long time to payout is the biggest negative I mentioned on the recent survey they sent.

• Global Moderator

@c3 said in TOP CASHBACK Meet/Beat better CB rates found on other CB sites (see post/link):

That’s strange @c3, my TCB gift card purchases and corresponding bonus were available almost immediately. It may be a glitch, might want to open a ticket. Think @MrVietnam bought them too and his also tracked w/o issue/available.

• Global Moderator

MC is correct. I purchased TopCashback gift cards and they tracked and were PAYABLE the next day IIRC.

• 500 Club

That’s strange @c3, my TCB gift card purchases and corresponding bonus were available almost immediately. It may be a glitch, might want to open a ticket. Think @MrVietnam bought them too and his also tracked w/o issue/available.

It’s merchant dependent. 7 weeks for RA. 10 weeks for HD. I have Aug. 12 PetSmart purchase & bonus pending. I can’t recall if Petco & PS are 10 or 12 weeks. IIRC Ace HW is 12 weeks.

• Global Moderator

@my4mainecoons said in TOP CASHBACK Meet/Beat better CB rates found on other CB sites (see post/link):

It’s merchant dependent. 7 weeks for RA. 10 weeks for HD. I have Aug. 12 PetSmart purchase & bonus pending. I can’t recall if Petco & PS are 10 or 12 weeks. IIRC Ace HW is 12 weeks.

TCB’s gift card site is in-house, it’s buying it from them. There’s no real ‘waiting period’ from my experience, and I’ve bought 2 or 3x from them already to get the $2.50 bonus when offered.

• 500 Club

Hmmm, this is strange then. All 4 purchases from TCB Gift Cards are confirmed but not payable, from June, July, August, and September. There was no issue with tracking. I just filed a ticket.

• @my4mainecoons

@my4mainecoons said in TOP CASHBACK Meet/Beat better CB rates found on other CB sites (see post/link):

I have ~$300 in my RMN account that I can’t cash out because they require sending a text message to your phone to confirm your identity and I don’t have a cell phone. I contacted them about it and they told me to have a friend do it for me. Not helpful.

If RMN will accept VOIP, you can try Google Voice or one of those free ‘temporary phone # for text verifications’ found on the web.
    If they require a real cell phone #, then you can buy access to one for a few bucks online. I know it sucks to have to pay for this but at least you’ll get your $300.

• 500 Club

Hmmm, this is strange then. All 4 purchases from TCB Gift Cards are confirmed but not payable, from June, July, August, and September. There was no issue with tracking. I just filed a ticket.

The rep pushed 2 regular and 1 bonus transactions to payable. I may have to file additional tickets later. Sigh …

• @my4mainecoons
    I had the same issue a few years ago, where RMN out of the clear blue, suddenly changed the T&C with no notification that cashing out suddenly requires a cellphone, so I got one of those temporary online cell numbers, got the text, and was able to cash out. This was definitely unethical on RMN’s part.

• Global Moderator

@phatwallet said in TOP CASHBACK Meet/Beat better CB rates found on other CB sites (see post/link):

@my4mainecoons
    I had the same issue a few years ago, where RMN out of the clear blue, suddenly changed the T&C with no notification that cashing out suddenly requires a cellphone, so I got one of those temporary online cell numbers, got the text, and was able to cash out. This was definitely unethical on RMN’s part.

Not sure about unethical, typically when you sign up at these CB sites, you agree to all kinds of ‘rules/conditions’ in their sign up fine print, one which is typically they can change the program at any time. Many financial related sites have gone to two factor ID to gain access or send money. Unfortunately, people w/o a cell phone with texting option are in the vast minority now and technology is geared towards these methods of verification now. Would be nice if they could just send a code via email as well. Some do/some don’t.

• 500 Club

I had some PetSmart offers so checked RMN and found 20% back vs. 8% via TCB. Chose not to try the Meet/Beat policy as the best they’d probably do is meet. Why ask for trouble? Didn’t need anything but offers were good so I bought dry food for the stockpile.
    PS has $5 Rewards wyb $20 online until 10/16.
    I had email from PS for 15% off one item.
    Total $41 after 15% off.
    25% back in Rewards + 15% item + 20% RMN for ~ 60% discount.

• PSA: Just be careful with Coupon Cabin. Poor customer service. They will just keep copying and pasting their terms and condition. It states if they cheat you, there is no dispute and you must accept.

I bought $45 of stuff at Office Depot for 5% cashback. Do the math and it’s $2.25. I check my account and it’s 90 cents. I put in a support ticket and they claim OD reported the purchase at a lower amount. I look at my order closely and I bought 45 scissors to donate to my kid’s Kindergarten class. No coupons! There is no way a lower amount could be reported.

They couldn’t explain the math. After some back and forth, I discovered they only credited me 2% and pointed it out. They changed their story and said OD credited at 2% and there is nothing that can be done.

Normally I use Ebates and their customer service is great. If the store didn’t pay them yet, they would credit my account no questions asked so I don’t have to wait.

• Global Moderator

@daytrader said in TOP CASHBACK Meet/Beat better CB rates found on other CB sites (see post/link):

PSA: Just be careful with Coupon Cabin. Poor customer service. They will just keep copying and pasting their terms and condition. It states if they cheat you, there is no dispute and you must accept.

I bought $45 of stuff at Office Depot for 5% cashback. Do the math and it’s $2.25. I check my account and it’s 90 cents. I put in a support ticket and they claim OD reported the purchase at a lower amount. I look at my order closely and I bought 45 scissors to donate to my kid’s Kindergarten class. No coupons! There is no way a lower amount could be reported.

They couldn’t explain the math. After some back and forth, I discovered they only credited me 2% and pointed it out. They changed their story and said OD credited at 2% and there is nothing that can be done.

Normally I use Ebates and their customer service is great. If the store didn’t pay them yet, they would credit my account no questions asked so I don’t have to wait.

Have visited that site, but too many hoops for me. Never used them. Although some of us have had poor customer service from TCB getting money we were owed. They’ve been tracking/paying somewhat better of late.

• Wanted to post an update on my $1.35 situation. I was always polite and never used any profanity. This is for everyone’s knowledge and YMMV if you use them. Not trying to rally the troops against them but you can see how stubborn/unhelpful they are when there is an error on their part. I have used TCB, Ebates, BeFrugal, RMN, Bing CB, and all 5 of those sites were able to resolve any issue I had.

Coupon Cabin: At this point, it’s clear that we are collectively talking in circles and are not going to be able to accommodate your needs. Moving forward, CouponCabin will not be able to respond to future emails regarding this topic as we now consider this ticket to be permanently closed.
    Jack V. Vice President of Customer Success

ME: This is poor service and how does Coupon Cabin claim amazing customer service when you refuse you help me. Put yourself in my shoes. You see a shopping link that says 5%, you click the link and make the purchase, the website gives you 2% and makes excuses why you didn’t get the 5%. At the end of the day, it is $1.35 which I am due because I done my part. The rest of the situation, I have zero control. I am not trying to cheat your company. I just want to be paid fairly for holding up my end of the bargain. That is what you fail to understand.

Coupon Cabin: Please know that CouponCabin has been in business for over 18 years now and has over 12 million happy members. We care immensely about our members, so much so that if we’re not living up to their standards, we’d rather part ways than continue to let them down. That said, if this is your opinion of us, I’d be happy to close your account and issue you a final payment for your $8.13 in pending cash back. This is usually a 30-day process; however, once you have provided the U.S. mailing address where this final payment can be sent, we will escalate this to our Chief Financial Officer to try to get a final payment processed within the next two business days. Since the last thing we want to do is continue to frustrate you, if I do not hear back from you by this time tomorrow, I will move forward with the account closure process. Jack V. Vice President of Customer Success

ME: You already blocked my IP so I have no choice but to go. It should be $8.13 + .27 if I am not mistaken. You are the one that keeps escalating the issue and putting words in my mouth. In my last email, all I ask of you is to be fair. I was right about your poor service because your response was to draw a line in the sand. You misinterpreted it and took it up a notch to close the account with a negative consent and 1 day deadline. To make things easier for us all, send the final payment to my email address. Amazon credit will suffice. Here is your chance to prove to me that at least your company can do something right for the customer. Thank you.

Looks like your connection to PhatWallet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.