Staples Plus Membership $24.50/yr (50% Off)

• Global Moderator

Staples Plus Membership $24.50/yr (50% Off)
    Staples Plus Membership - $24.50/yr - Reduced by 50%

https://www.staples.com/gms/enroll

• Free Next-Day Delivery with no minimum.
    • $27.49 paper every day.
    • 10% back in rewards on ink & toner.
    • Guaranteed lowest prices on your 5 favorites.
    • Double the limit (20) of recycled cartridges per month. Receive $2 for every eligible ink cartridge recycled.

• Global Moderator

How long will it be at that price?

• My staples plus auto renewed on the 21st at $49 + tax. I called and they can’t adjust the price, so I asked them to cancel so I can sign up at the lower price. I’ll have to wait until the cancellation goes through so that I can sign up as a new customer again. In response to how long the deal will last I was put on hold. After about 10 minutes I hung up can called back. The next CSR told me that cancelling and signing up again would NOT get me the lower new customer price. I asked to talk to a manager, and the CSR came back on the line and told me that her supervisor approved a $25 refund!

🙂

ETA: I never did get information about how long the deal lasts, sorry.

• Global Moderator

@george2001 said in Staples Plus Membership $24.50/yr (50% Off):

My staples plus auto renewed on the 21st at $49 + tax. I called and they can’t adjust the price, so I asked them to cancel so I can sign up at the lower price. I’ll have to wait until the cancellation goes through so that I can sign up as a new customer again. In response to how long the deal will last I was put on hold. After about 10 minutes I hung up can called back. The next CSR told me that cancelling and signing up again would NOT get me the lower new customer price. I asked to talk to a manager, and the CSR came back on the line and told me that her supervisor approved a $25 refund!

🙂

guessing all week on the deal and I’m sure they might offer it again around Xmas or New Year time.

• Global Moderator

My staples plus auto renewed on the 21st at $49 + tax. I called and they can’t adjust the price, so I asked them to cancel so I can sign up at the lower price. I’ll have to wait until the cancellation goes through so that I can sign up as a new customer again. In response to how long the deal will last I was put on hold. After about 10 minutes I hung up can called back. The next CSR told me that cancelling and signing up again would NOT get me the lower new customer price. I asked to talk to a manager, and the CSR came back on the line and told me that her supervisor approved a $25 refund!

🙂

George - two days in a row you helped me out!

I totally forgot about the auto renewal aspect of the Plus program and had a $49.95 pending charge from Staples on 11/22 for another year.

Like you I called in, got a nice supervisor who explained about the charge and I told him it just wasn’t worth $50 bucks to me to have it especially when others are paying $25 now. As a ‘one time courtesy’ he issued me a $25 credit back so I’m happy with that. But next year I’m going to be sure to cancel my membership about a week prior to it’s renewal so I don’t have this issue again and can just sign up for a ‘new’ member offer which I’m sure they will offer again next year.

• 500 Club

I signed up on July14 of this year when there was a special deal for just $15. I just checked the terms and it is automatic renewal, but I have a full year so it will expire on July 13, 2020, I assume. A reminder email will supposedly be sent about 30 days prior to the expiration. I assume I can’t use this deal to add another year to my Staples Plus membership to extend it to July 13, 2021?

• So with a Staples Plus Membership, is the Ink/Toner Cartridge Purchase requirement at Staples waived when recycling Ink/Toner Cartridges for $2 a Cartridge, or is the only difference that the threshold number of cartridges is increased from 10 Cartridges to 20 Cartridges for being a Staples Plus Member?

• 500 Club

@midwestusdealguy said in Staples Plus Membership $24.50/yr (50% Off):

So with a Staples Plus Membership, is the Ink/Toner Cartridge Purchase requirement at Staples waived when recycling Ink/Toner Cartridges for $2 a Cartridge, or is the only difference that the threshold number of cartridges is increased from 10 Cartridges to 20 Cartridges for being a Staples Plus Member?

The ink purchase requirement of $30 every 6 mo is NOT waived.

This: the only difference that the threshold number of cartridges is increased from 10 Cartridges to 20 Cartridges for being a Staples Plus Member?

A few prices are cheaper if you have Plus.

• Global Moderator

@my4mainecoons said in Staples Plus Membership $24.50/yr (50% Off):

@midwestusdealguy said in Staples Plus Membership $24.50/yr (50% Off):

So with a Staples Plus Membership, is the Ink/Toner Cartridge Purchase requirement at Staples waived when recycling Ink/Toner Cartridges for $2 a Cartridge, or is the only difference that the threshold number of cartridges is increased from 10 Cartridges to 20 Cartridges for being a Staples Plus Member?

The ink purchase requirement of $30 every 6 mo is NOT waived.

This: the only difference that the threshold number of cartridges is increased from 10 Cartridges to 20 Cartridges for being a Staples Plus Member?

A few prices are cheaper if you have Plus.

also free shipping with Plus which is a nice benefit.

• 500 Club

@dionaea said in Staples Plus Membership $24.50/yr (50% Off):

I signed up on July14 of this year when there was a special deal for just $15. I just checked the terms and it is automatic renewal, but I have a full year so it will expire on July 13, 2020, I assume. A reminder email will supposedly be sent about 30 days prior to the expiration. I assume I can’t use this deal to add another year to my Staples Plus membership to extend it to July 13, 2021?

Is there anyone who knows the answer to my question? Thanks.

• Global Moderator

It’s doubtful that you can, however, given they’ve been pushing a special on this about 3x a year now, you’ll probably find a special around closer to the time your membership is up.

My advice is: Be sure to recycle in July 2020 before it lapses on 7/13, then let it lapse. You have 6 weeks to see if a special comes around before you’d have to bring ink carts in again by 8/31.

• administrators

Figured out a way to renew right away.

• Cancel membership
    • (Possibly optional) clear cookies
    • add the membership to your cart
    • add any other item to your cart
    • you will get an error saying you already have a membership and the checkout button will be grayed out
    • remove the second item from the cart
    • you should now be able to check out and have the membership for $24.50

• Global Moderator

@dangeruss said in Staples Plus Membership $24.50/yr (50% Off):

Figured out a way to renew right away.

• Cancel membership
    • (Possibly optional) clear cookies
    • add the membership to your cart
    • add any other item to your cart
    • you will get an error saying you already have a membership and the checkout button will be grayed out
    • remove the second item from the cart
    • you should now be able to check out and have the membership for $24.50

yes, but does it EXTEND an already paid membership to July 2021 or is it one year from 11/28/19?

• @mistercheap said in Staples Plus Membership $24.50/yr (50% Off):

It’s doubtful that you can, however, given they’ve been pushing a special on this about 3x a year now, you’ll probably find a special around closer to the time your membership is up.

My advice is: Be sure to recycle in July 2020 before it lapses on 7/13, then let it lapse. You have 6 weeks to see if a special comes around before you’d have to bring ink carts in again by 8/31.

My plan was to let it lapse, but they automatically charged my credit card to renew it. It won’t let me turn off Plus auto renewal on all credit cards.

• administrators

@mistercheap said in Staples Plus Membership $24.50/yr (50% Off):

yes, but does it EXTEND an already paid membership to July 2021 or is it one year from 11/28/19?

You will get a prorated refund for the previous period and the new membership should renew a year from today (although I don’t see anything about when my renewal is)

• Global Moderator

@mistercheap said in Staples Plus Membership $24.50/yr (50% Off):

My plan was to let it lapse, but they automatically charged my credit card to renew it. It won’t let me turn off Plus auto renewal on all credit cards.

I’m sure you can call and have it removed. there’s no way they can force you to have an ongoing auto renew to a credit card.

Looks like your connection to PhatWallet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.