Using Low Value (under $5) Prepaid Rebate Cards

• Global Moderator

Recently a thread was posted regarding Amazon now requiring a $5 min gift card value purchase. This ended the possibility of getting low value AMZ refills using say a $3 online MC/Visa card.

Here’s another option many of you will hopefully find helpful.

Paypal now allows for ‘split payments’ between payment types in their ‘wallet’ when you check out using Paypal.

For instance, I just linked a $4 Prepaid MC I got from a NBPR Bud rebate to Paypal, and on my next paypal purchase, I’ll split payment between $4 on that card and my other usual payment source.

Naturally you need to use a site that accepts paypal, many do, and some even for $5 e gift cards if you want to go that route.

My plan is to use my ‘bank’ of egift cards against Office Depot or Walgreens pick up orders. I have spend $10 a month at OD anyway for ink recycle, so that’s a few bucks towards it each time.

If you have any other ideas in below $5 cards, please share. Will leave in HD for a time since this a popular issue amongst many on the forums.

• My utility bills can be paid with small denomination Visa/Mastercard GC (no fee).

• I can pay my Spectrum internet bill. I also found that some online gambling sites will let you deposit with a debit card and then immediately withdraw it to your bank account or Paypal/Venmo. I tried it with Tipico, but the deposit got rejected. But it worked at BetMGM, but you can’t withdraw under $10. And they will occasionally give me free bets and I’ll bet randomly and sometimes win. Like now I have $7.50 from a free $5 bet. So I’m waiting for some beer rebates which will get paid in virtual debit cards (with no option for paypal/venmo) so I can deposit them, then withdraw them and my winnings. Of course online gambling isn’t legal in all states so YMMV.

• Good to know about Spectrum. I have no problems using Visa prepaid card for online payments but Mastercard versions never work. Do you guys have the same problem? I can pay auto insurance w cc [no fee] so that’s 1 way I use them up along w internet bills. Otherwise I use it in grocery stores.

• @sonofzeus said in Using Low Value (under $5) Prepaid Rebate Cards:

My utility bills can be paid with small denomination Visa/Mastercard GC (no fee).

Yep, this is my consistent method for using up low-balance cards. I pay most of my utilities with prepaid cards in general, actually. My only exception is my water bill, because my municipality charges fees for card payments.

• I’m not sure how you are getting prepaid Visa and MasterCard gift cards to work on PayPal or even Internet bills. I am getting an error every time try to enter these cards in these websites. My cable provider is with frontier. I am restricted with insurance payments also. My insurance company only accepts ufan prepaid MasterCard giftcards. It is rejecting secure spend visa and vanillas. Not sure why these are being rejected now. These all used to work everywhere.

Another spending idea for low balance cards are donating to charity. They rarely reject prepaid cards, and have very low donation limits.

• do you know any charities that will accept under $1? i have a bunch of cards with under $1 left and i cant find anyone to give them to. they add up, hate to waste it…they are expiring in aug…thanks for any suggestions, i cant figure out how to use them… cant combine them anywhere…

Looks like your connection to PhatWallet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.