Staples Earth Day: Recycle Tech get $10/$30 coupon 4/22-4/28/18

• 500 Club

Recycle your old electronics at Staples between 4/22/18 -4/28/18. Staples Rewards members will get a $10 off coupon on their next regular-priced purchase of $30 or more. In store only. Exclusions apply.
    www.staples.com/earthday

For those who no longer Staple because there are no more rebates, this probably isn’t for you.

• administrators

@my4mainecoons Limit one per rewards account.

• I have 4 sub accounts, under my rewards account, I have been able to get a coupon using each of those. I always seem to find a use for these coupons. They work on clearance items.

• 500 Club

@597404 what’s a sub acct?

• Global Moderator

Maine, I like your “for those who no longer Staple because there are no more rebates…” disclaimer. I must admit I fall into that group. Nice deal for those who actually shop there anymore.

• 500 Club

I’ve got an old printer that a neighbor gave me, and I’ve been hanging onto it for 2 years in case there was ever another deal where you could turn in an old printer and get a discount on buying a new one. Time to get rid of it and get a $10 off $30 coupon.

• “No refrigerators please.” Lol

• @my4mainecoons
    Under the Staples Rewards Main, go to Account Profile
    Bottom Right is a link to add additional member,
    Spouse, Kids, Cats etc…

• 500 Club

I think the last one of these was better, something like $10 off $20. I always got old electronic around but need to think what would cost me just over $30 @ Staples.

• 500 Club

@zennuts nah. Its been $10/$30 for a few years.
    @597404 We can borrow friends’ accts but thanks for the info.

• just got my Final rewards points coupon ($5)
    will combine it with this $10 for trading in (throwing away) my Polaroid 1.5 Mp video recorder.
    Only clearance items are reasonably priced IMHO.
    Also in the camp of not finding value at Stoples since they stopped the rebates.

• Global Moderator

I regularly get 10/30 & 25/75 coupons but without rebates I have no use of them.
    I still have NIB printers FAR from good old days.

• Global Moderator

@juicer said in Staples Earth Day: Recycle Tech get $10/$30 coupon 4/22-4/28/18:

just got my Final rewards points coupon ($5)
    will combine it with this $10 for trading in (throwing away) my Polaroid 1.5 Mp video recorder.
    Only clearance items are reasonably priced IMHO.
    Also in the camp of not finding value at Stoples since they stopped the rebates.

Yeah, Staples has really sucked this year. I’m premier for 2018 so will continue to do the ink recycle, even if I turn the rewards into breakroom items and the occasional supply item I need (plus clearance items)

I’m sure this will be the last year I do ink recycle there if I lose the 20 carts benefit. In fact, my closest store is closing in May (lease/landlord issue), next closest is 8 miles (vs 2 miles). So the writing is on the wall in big bold letters to bid a fond farewell to years of great deals at Staples. One of the first stores I really learned how to deal hunt at from the old Fat Wallet. Wasn’t even a rewards member until I read about the perks on the FW boards back in 2005.

• I still find way more deals from Staples that from Office Depot. First off, at least Staples didn’t bait and switch by changing the rebate terms mid stride like Office depot did last week with their paper deal. And at least Staples allowed you to use 5 gift cards per order while Office Depot only allows 1 gift card per online order. And finally, Office depot hardly has any stores left, someone above said their closest Staples is 8 miles away, well my closest Staples is around 12 miles away but my closest Office Depot is 30 miles away.

• About the only thing Office Depot does right these days is when they discount the Visa gift cards, and even that they mess up by never enforcing their limit of 1 per customer so that if you don’t race in their Sunday morning when they open, there are never any left. That is why I have my stash hidden in the 2 Office Depots near me, it is the only way to take advantage of these deals.

• Global Moderator

@bbsearchlight

Ha! Staples has indeed done that too, changed rebate terms mid-stream in the past. So your rah-rah of Staples is incorrect.

PS, I don’t believe you are correct on the # of GC’s used on an order. I’ll have to double check but I’m almost certain I’ve done 3 on the same order recently. You have to click “add another gift card” to get the field again.

• I don’t remember Staples ever changing their rebate terms mid stream, I do remember them not giving 25% back for an item that was 1 cent after rebate (it was an antivirus. don’t remember which one). However, in that case at least people were getting the item for 1 cent.

As far as the Office Depot gift cards, the ones I got from paypal digital gifts last week say on the gift card " Only 1 gift card may be applied per order online." If you can use more than 1 and that is wrong, that would be great news.

• 500 Club

Staples will have $200 MasterCard without purchase fee. If you have a 5% credit card for office supplies, this may be interesting to you.

• Staples closed down here. Office Depot was kicking their butt.

• Global Moderator

@c3 said in Staples Earth Day: Recycle Tech get $10/$30 coupon 4/22-4/28/18:

Staples will have $200 MasterCard without purchase fee. If you have a 5% credit card for office supplies, this may be interesting to you.

Just be real careful with the MC prepaids, use them the same day you buy them due to issues with getting ‘drained’ by scammers.

Also, troubling to note, that in the past, Staples gave a $15-20 Staples Gift Card or Visa via rebate wyb $300 in prepaid cards…(sometimes a $9mm), looks like they are getting totally away from rebates in every category.

The paper rebates ended in January.

• the coupons are not entirely useless - i recall selling them on ebay for a buck or two.

• 500 Club

Lots of cleaning products on clearance right now. Fantastik, Lysol wipes, Scrubbing Bubbles, Method hand soap.

Looks like your connection to PhatWallet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.