SYWR Points Back with Purchase Offers Thread

• @my4mainecoons said in SYWR Points Back with Purchase Offers Thread:

Looking for a $29.99 tool on sale for more than 50% off. Anyone have any suggestions?

GearWrench 7 pc. Metric Full Polish Ratcheting Flex Head Combination Wrench Set
    Regular price $99.99 on sale for $29.99
    https://www.sears.com/gearwrench-7-pc-metric-full-polish-ratcheting-flex/p-00944006000P

Craftsman 42 piece 1/4 and 3/8-inch Drive Bit and Torx Bit Socket Wrench Set
    Regular price $99.99 on sale for $27.77
    Just used this set to replace the tailgate lift struts on my Grand Cherokee, handy to have
    https://www.sears.com/dewalt-4-1-8-in-hole-saw/p-00999941000P#

• 500 Club

@briarycliffs The problem with the drill bit set is that I can’t unload it.

@Sears_Addict thanks. I’m looking for an item with a regular price of $29.99, sale price $14.99 or less

I’ll probably end up getting my favorite ratchet wrench, RR $29.99, sale price $16.66. Less than 50% off but I can get $20 for it.

• Global Moderator

I placed a $25 online order at Kmart yesterday and one day later I still have not received the email that my order was ready for pick up, so I called the store. They said they were backed up due to the holiday season and it would take about THREE days before my order would be ready for pick up! That’s no big deal, but does the 7 day validity of points begin after I placed my order or after it is picked up?

• 500 Club

@mrvietnam when its picked up.

• Global Moderator

@my4mainecoons said in SYWR Points Back with Purchase Offers Thread:

@mrvietnam when its picked up.

Good. So I will still get my full 7 days to spend the points. I bet the stores get flooded with online orders when they have these 100% back deals.

• 500 Club

$25/$25 Cyber week points have posted.

• Global Moderator

YMMV, but look for an email from SYW offering you $10 in SYW points (valid for 30 days) if you sign up for a free credit monitoring service through Lending Tree. I signed up and got my $10 in points instantly. Offer ends 12/10/18. Says it is for select members only. I had all my credit reports frozen, but it still let me sign up. I guess because this is just a credit monitoring service and doesn’t affect your credit at all.

Earn $10 CASHBACK in points when you sign up for Credit Confidence from 12/3/18-12/10/18. Available to selected members only. Promotion is non-transferrable. We reserve the right to modify or cancel this offer at any time. By accepting Shop Your Way® member benefits and offers, you agree to the Shop Your Way terms and conditions, available at www.shopyourway.com/terms. Credit Confidence promotional Shop Your Way points expire 30 days after issuance. Offer Valid 12/3/2018 – 12/10/2018.

• 500 Club

I fell victim to the “MrV trap”. I spent $20xx at KM last night. Tonight I went to Sears and put the $20 in pts back on my gc but ended up paying $1.45 oop for one of the tools. Then I bought what I thought would have been my $30 Sears purchase. No bonus points on receipt. sigh. Called CS and while on the phone I realized my mistake. CSR said to call back tomorrow if the points haven’t posted, which I know they won’t.

I got this hex key set. RR $25.99, sale price $10.99 in store. Added $16.60 to my gc for paying full price and eventually will get $25.99 in pts.

I decided that $24 is the “sweet spot” for the KM $25/$25. Spent $24 on another acct and cashed out the pts w/ 4 @ $5.99 tools. No oop so should be able to do the $30/$30 on that acct. w/o needing to call CS.

• Has there been a notable change in SYW CS quality lately? The Midwest call center was reportedly shut down last Friday, and the majority of the SYW department (including a couple high-level executives) was laid off a couple weeks ago (source is this layoff forum where Sears employees post: https://www.thelayoff.com/t/W9XoBFu ; separate thread regarding call center: https://www.thelayoff.com/t/Wn5Dw5j). I tried emailing them a couple days ago for a points deal that mucked up on me and got no response; normally they would respond next day. Wondering if they stopped monitoring email at all, or if it’s just slower now.

• Global Moderator

I figured out what the extra points beyond the 100% $25 I got back were from:

Bonus points - MAX Members get 5% CASHBACK in points with your FREE Kmart store pickup on ONLINE purchases. Points awarded the next day and valid for 90 days. Limit 50,000 points per member. (From your transaction on Dec 01, 2018)

I was finally able to pick up my order two days after it was placed online. The store said they were swamped the last couple days with - count them - 180 online orders. After I picked up a toy order at Kmart that I spend $16.99 (or 15.29 after 10% off online coupon), I went to Target and saw the same toy for $12.99! I would feel burned if it wasn’t for the fact I got 100% back in points. I guess that makes up for some price gouging on Kmart’s part.

• 500 Club

@mrvietnam You’ll end up with $30.30 worth of merchandise for your $15.29 which is better than Target.

• @lo said in SYWR Points Back with Purchase Offers Thread:

Has there been a notable change in SYW CS quality lately? The Midwest call center was reportedly shut down last Friday, and the majority of the SYW department (including a couple high-level executives) was laid off a couple weeks ago (source is this layoff forum where Sears employees post: https://www.thelayoff.com/t/W9XoBFu ; separate thread regarding call center: https://www.thelayoff.com/t/Wn5Dw5j). I tried emailing them a couple days ago for a points deal that mucked up on me and got no response; normally they would respond next day. Wondering if they stopped monitoring email at all, or if it’s just slower now.

Hmm… Have only gotten an offshore call center for all of my phone calls to the SYWR call Center since September. And have called before 5PM Central Time. I’m surprised they’ve had US-based employees working there in recent weeks. It’s been awful dealing with the foreign call center. 😞

Completely the opposite when dealing with the Midwest-based SYWR Call Center; those folks we’re incredibly competent and kind.

Scary stuff that the majority of the SYWR staff was axed. 😬

To me, that signifies the demise of SYWR very, very soon.

• @midwestusdealguy I agree, I was surprised to hear too that there still existed a Midwest call center to shut down. I’ve only called SYW maybe 2 or 3 times since 2016, but I had gotten an offshore call center each time too. Prior to 2016 was always Wisconsin-based. But I had heard even in recent weeks that maybe if you asked for a “level 2” or something, they would transfer to U.S.-based…so maybe that was the center that just got shut down. The points issue I am having is much better explained if I can show screenshots (it was a flash deal for just a couple days last week on only a few specific appliances), so I am not sure if I can successfully argue over the phone with an offshore agent for the points instead of just returning this vacuum I was hopeful to get a good deal on. 😞

• 500 Club

@lo I’ve only contacted CS x 6 in the past 5 years. 5 of the contacts were since Oct. 18 related to points not posting – system errors. All 5 calls went off shore and 2 of them were because the first CSR didn’t correct the problem.

Doing more than 8 back to back transactions at a register will get one’s acct. frozen. You have to call CS to get it released. Its a LP issue related to their concerns re: employee theft. The first time this happened was 5 yrs ago and CS was U.S. based. Since it was a LP issue I expected that I would speak to US based CS when I made the same mistake a few weeks ago. The call went off shore. (I had $50 in pts and was buying $5.49 tool x 9-- acct got frozen on 9th transaction. Last week I did 8, combination of $5.49 and $5.99. To be safe, I used 2 different registers & cashiers. Acct didn’t get frozen.)

• Shop Your Way Members: text JINGLE to 56278 to get a coupon for $5 Off Your Qualifying Kmart Purchase of $5 or More for free,

In-Store Purchase only. Not valid at closing stores.

Associate Instructions:
    SYW Membership required.
    Member/Associate must open the coupon through the link provided in the text and see Christmas lights flashing
    No photocopies, screenshots, printouts allowed
    Limit one per member, per household and per phone number. Not valid on Every Day Great Price, Hot buys, Special Purchases, Introductory Offers, Insane Deals, Clearance, closeouts, gift cards, catalog orders & protection agreements, Lands End Merchandise.

• 500 Club

I haven’t been able to get the $10/$10 offer for ordering for store pick up. I saw it before I placed my $30/$30 offer but not since. I was afraid if I ordered a $10 item it would count as my $30 item so I ordered the $30 item first.

• Wow! I did finally get a response from SYW’s email. The English is not good, and it is obviously an offshore agent. But they manually credited me last week’s $250/$250 deal as a lump sum!!! I don’t know if their system isn’t sophisticated enough to manually award future installments or if these new email reps (I really don’t think they are the same as they used to be - even in recent weeks, I had been getting emails back with flawless English, and this week is the first time I did not) just don’t know how, but I can’t complain! I’m still shorted some points because the rep didn’t understand/notice the extra appliance flash sale bonus offer I should have gotten, but getting these points credited as a lump sum more than makes up for that. Already spent the points too. 🙂

• 500 Club

@lo lucky duck! Maybe you should buy a lottery ticket today!

• 500 Club

Last night I ordered something from KM.com to be shipped to a friend. It says points will post when item delivered but the points were in my acct today. In the past points posted when item was shipped. Maybe they’re doing same for this promotion since pts are only good for one week. Good thing I checked.

• Looks like it’s F&F all week through next Friday. Also $25 back on $50 at Sears, both online and in store.

@my4mainecoons Do you know how F&F interacts with the RR tool deal in store? If the socket set is $24.99 pre-F&F (not sure if it is or not, last week it was actually $25.99, but let’s just assume $24.99 for now for simplicity), would I pay $84.99 at the register and get back $82.50? Or would I pay $99.99 at the register and get back $86.63? Or something else entirely? Thanks!

• 500 Club

@lo Didn’t we find out that can’t get GC on 42 pc with auto FnF discount? If you can make the FnF go away should be same price e.g. $24.99/99.99.
    I got a few #904250 last night. RR $23.99, sale $6.99 in store. Paid full price. Received $23.99 in pts for $30/$30 and $18.70 on gc.

• @my4mainecoons Last time it was some special Craftsman Club promo that prevented the RR deal from working. I know it works during F&F, I’m just not sure how exactly. A friend of mine has done it before but cannot recall whether she got a better deal because of a lower regular price or a lower sale price.

Nice deal on 904250! I ended up getting the hex key set you posted about using my $10 off $10 text coupon last week - paid $15.99 points, got back $16.50 GC.

• Got an email that the in-store deal this week at Kmart is $10 back on $30, through 12/14. Also they will have a code to scan for 15-20% off everything except grocery & seasonal, through 12/24 (online it is code YULE).

I am so spoiled with all the $75 back on $75 (granted, in 3 installments) that Kmart had for a while. Kudos to them for coming back down to earth and trying to stanch the bleeding, but it’s difficult to motivate myself to buy on these promos now.

• 500 Club

I have $10 text coupon link someone sent me. Was going to get hex key set. IDK if the coupon has expired.

I’ve been going a little crazy at KM this week. Bought lots of diapers for friends and a few household goods for myself. They’ve been scanning a 10% off code at the register. Last night they were hanging the $10/$30 signs.

My new system has been to buy $25/$25 at KM. Then at Sears buy $30/$30 THEN cash out the KM points. That way I don’t run the risk of making a small oop purchase and messing up the $30/$30 Sears.

The 904250 is nice for the $30/$30 and for cashing out points.

• Global Moderator

@lo said in SYWR Points Back with Purchase Offers Thread:

Got an email that the in-store deal this week at Kmart is $10 back on $30, through 12/14. Also they will have a code to scan for 15-20% off everything except grocery & seasonal, through 12/24 (online it is code YULE).

I am so spoiled with all the $75 back on $75 (granted, in 3 installments) that Kmart had for a while. Kudos to them for coming back down to earth and trying to stanch the bleeding, but it’s difficult to motivate myself to buy on these promos now.

I hear you. If it isn’t 100% points back I won’t be shopping.

• Global Moderator

I was at Kmart this morning and I wanted to use the 10% off coupon that expires today. The cashier wouldn’t let me and said there is a new 15% coupon, but I didn’t want to use it because the 15% off coupon excludes seasonal items. So I ended up having to pay 10% more because they wouldn’t let me use a coupon that was still valid today. They said Kmart pulled the coupon a day early.

• 500 Club

Stopped by one of the remaining Sears yesterday. It’s actually better stocked than a few months back and doesn’t look as sad. However, wasn’t able to use my $10/$10 text coupon on a workout pants because “it’s already special member price”. I was tired and didn’t think of asking the associate to just charge me the “non-member” price. But, can I use the coupon if … anyway… screwed up system.

Also, I don’t see any 3rd party GC in the store at all and no one seems to know if they carry them anymore.

• 500 Club

@lo said in SYWR Points Back with Purchase Offers Thread:

Looks like it’s F&F all week through next Friday. Also $25 back on $50 at Sears, both online and in store.

@my4mainecoons Do you know how F&F interacts with the RR tool deal in store? If the socket set is $24.99 pre-F&F (not sure if it is or not, last week it was actually $25.99, but let’s just assume $24.99 for now for simplicity), would I pay $84.99 at the register and get back $82.50? Or would I pay $99.99 at the register and get back $86.63? Or something else entirely? Thanks!

I got to experience FnF.
    The register subtracted 15% from the reg retail price but that didn’t affect the amount of the gc! 😯
    eg. Universal set 904250 RR $23.99, sale price $6.99. Paid $20.39 in pts and received gc for $18.70 which is based on $23.99-$6.99.
    Then, because it only used $20 of the $25 I was trying to unload, I got a penlight paying $1 on gc to get back $5.
    So for my $25 in pts + $1 I received $23.70.

Very frustrating however that none of the usual $5.99 tools are on sale this week. The $6.99 RR multi tools aren’t on sale either. Ended up with more LED penlights.

• @my4mainecoons Excellent, thank you so much for the details on how F&F works with that!!!

• @zennuts said in SYWR Points Back with Purchase Offers Thread:

Also, I don’t see any 3rd party GC in the store at all and no one seems to know if they carry them anymore.

All Sears and Kmart stores were instructed to pull them from the shelves the Thursday before the filing. The issuer, Blackhawk Network, had prevented the cards from activating anymore at Sears Holdings locations. They were concerned they would not be paid. As part of Sears’s first-day motions, Sears received court approval to set aside an exclusive trust fund for Blackhawk. I was hopeful that would coax Blackhawk into resuming 3rd party GC sales with Sears Holdings, but alas, it’s been 2 months and I haven’t seen a return of any non-Sears GCs either. If anyone does ever spot them back, would love to hear!

• @lo are you asking if there are GC’s like Buffalo Wild Wings in Sears? If so then yes, there were at our store this week.

• @couponclippen Interesting. I don’t suppose you know if they were pulled on October 11th and then returned at some later point, or if the associates simply never initially pulled them as instructed? Also don’t suppose you know whether they activate successfully at the register if purchased now? On October 11th, you could pay for them, but they’d print out a receipt saying they were denied. Thanks!

• @lo saw them at the register. Never buy them. Haven’t been in a Sears for months till this week.

• Global Moderator

For those who still have a nearby open Sears store:

Sears: $10 Off $10+ In Store – Text JOLLY TO 73277

The Fine Print

The coupon is valid for in-store purchases only
    You must opt-in and subscribe to Sears alert to receive coupon (you may opt-out at anytime after receiving the offer)
    Offer valid through December 24, 2018 or while promotion last.
    Offer not valid on Every Day Great Price, Hot Buys, Special Purchases, Introductory Offers, Insane Deals, clearance, closeout, gift cards, catalog orders & protection agreements.
    Limit one per member, per household, per phone number

• Kmart - in store only - $15 back in points when you spend $50. Points credit 1/7/19 and good for 5 days. Offer ends 1/5/19. Limit $15 back per member.

• 500 Club

Sears in store only spend $40 get $20 back in points. Members get $20 CASHBACK in points when you spend $40 or more on qualifying purchases at select Sears stores.
    Points credit to account on 1/7/2019 and are valid until 1/11/2019.
    Offer Valid 12/21/2018 through 1/5/2019.
    Max $20 in points per member.

Offer Valid 12/21/2018 through 1/5/2019. Excludes Lands’ End. Items must be Sold by Sears. Purchase requirement before taxes and after other discounts and must be made in a single transaction. By accepting Shop Your Way® member benefits and offers, you agree to the Shop Your Way terms and conditions, available at www.shopyourway.com/terms. Members earn points on qualifying purchases, excluding sales taxes and other fees. Extra points are inclusive of, and not in addition to, any base points earned on qualifying purchases. When extra point offers are combined, total points earned will be less than the combined point totals for each individual offer.

• 500 Club

Back in October right after they declared Chapter 11 I did the following offers, payable in 3 installments. The last installments posted this week, Dec. 18.
    $75/$75 appliances at Sears
    $75/$75 lawn & garden at Sears
    $75/$75 Kmart
    $60/$60 Home at Sears

I need to cash out $200 in pts but fortunately the points that posted on Dec. 18 are good for 30 days. I’m only going to do the $20/$40 if I get everything cashed out before $20/$40 ends on Jan. 5.

• 500 Club

I managed to cash out all my points. Each acct got a FC coupon valid startiing tomorrow-- values of $7/$7, $5/$10 and $5/$15.

Since I managed to cash everything out I did the $20/$40 just for jollies.
    Got 2 Universal sets $6.99/$23.99. Paid full price, 15% off tools automatically came off, total $40.78 paid w/ GC, received back $37.40 gc and $20 in pts which will post on Jan. 7.
    I spent $3.38 for $20 in January.
    We liked the math so another cat did it on their acct. but I think that’s all we’re doing.

• 500 Club

YMMV but store had a few of the Dorcy LED lanterns. RR $7.99, sale price $1.99. $6.60 gc.
    I haven’t seen the lanterns in a few years so maybe they’re clearing out a warehouse.

• @my4mainecoons said in SYWR Points Back with Purchase Offers Thread:

Back in October right after they declared Chapter 11 I did the following offers, payable in 3 installments. The last installments posted this week, Dec. 18.

$75/$75 Kmart

Maybe you did a different deal than me (there were quite a few $75/$75 Kmart deals around that time), but my last installment for that one isn’t due to post until tomorrow, 12/23.

• 500 Club

@lo different deal. I skipped the 2nd Kmart $75/$75 because I couldn’t come up with $75 worth of stuff I could use that I could order online. OTH I was able to buy diapers for friends when the $25/$25 KM B&M offer came along so I abused that one.

• 500 Club

If you still have KM and it still has a pharmacy, get a $25 Reward card w/ coupon when you transfer a prescription. Limit 2, ie $50 in what sounds like $25/$25 coupons. Bring this coupon to the pharmacy.

• Global Moderator

UPDATE 12/28/18:

Department store chain Sears won a reprieve from liquidating Friday after its chairman, Eddie Lampert, submitted a bid in an effort to buy the retailer and keep it alive, people familiar with the situation tell CNBC.

Lampert’s hedge fund ESL Investments put forward his tentative proposal for Sears earlier this month with his formal submission due today.

A bid could help divert liquidation, but may not necessarily. Sears’ advisors have until Jan. 4 to decide whether ESL is a “qualified bidder.” Only then, could ESL take part in an auction against liquidation bids on Jan. 14. They will weigh the value of Lampert’s bid against offers to liquidate the company.

The terms or structure of Lampert’s bid could not immediately be determined. If it is similar to the $4.6 billion proposal Lampert outlined earlier this month, it is likely to face push-back from the company’s unsecured creditors. As part of the initial bid, which regulators required Lampert to make public, financing would in part stem from $1.8 billion in debt that Lampert would forgive through a so-called “credit bid.”

Unesecured creditors said earlier this month they will object to a credit bid. Those creditors believe there may be claims against Sears for transactions under Lampert’s leadership. Those deals include Sears’ spinoff of Lands’ End and transactions with Seritage Growth Properties, a real estate investment trust Lampert created through select Sears’ properties.

• 500 Club

@mrvietnam Can you please move your post to the Deal Discussion instead of the Deals thread so this one doesn’t get derailed again?

For those interested, there’s $25 back wyb $50 in clothing from the Marketplace.

• Global Moderator

@my4mainecoons said in SYWR Points Back with Purchase Offers Thread:

@mrvietnam Can you please move your post to the Deal Discussion instead of the Deals thread so this one doesn’t get derailed again?

For those interested, there’s $25 back wyb $50 in clothing from the Marketplace.

I thought this was important, so I wanted to highlight it so the most eyes would see it. If the article is true there very soon will be no need for your thread as the SYW would cease to exist. I’m sure during a company-wide liquidation it would spell the end to SYW.

• 500 Club

@mrvietnam If you won’t move it will you please remove the space occupying photo? While I appreciate your concern for us, those of us who play SYWR know what’s going on w/ the company.

• https://www.cnbc.com/2018/12/28/sears-closing-80-more-stores-in-march-faces-possible-liquidation.html?fbclid=IwAR10vanUnjfTdZJZwww6aJo4Mt-JT7FhihpccN-18aN6TBfkcTLiRBvWfso …Here are the 80 Kmart and Sears stores set to close in March (Store type, street address, city, state):

complete store closing list in Deal Discuss. thread.

• @freebird097 said in SYWR Points Back with Purchase Offers Thread:

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/12/28/sears-closing-80-more-stores-in-march-faces-possible-liquidation.html?fbclid=IwAR10vanUnjfTdZJZwww6aJo4Mt-JT7FhihpccN-18aN6TBfkcTLiRBvWfso …Here are the 80 Kmart and Sears stores set to close in March (Store type, street address, city, state):

This is my only store left 4480 Sergeant Rd, Sioux City, IA ,it served the tristate area of iowa/sd/nebraska borders,are kmart shuttered in 03/2017,just 2 years later and were seeing now sears store on closure list SO LONG goodbye SHOPYOURWAY rewards POINTS =FREE STUFF PICK-UP INSTORE,now it ain’t worth even giving a rat ass in playing,its all pennies or nothing for trying anyway.got to have $59.00+ anyway just to get free shipping

• 500 Club

This post is deleted!

• @freebird097 said in SYWR Points Back with Purchase Offers Thread:

And precisely where it belongs

Looks like your connection to PhatWallet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.