SYWR Points Back with Purchase Offers Thread

• 500 Club

@Lo Well surprise, surprise. $25 in pts just posted to my acct on Dec. 23. I guess I did that KM offer and don’t remember doing it.
    Now AFAIK the only thing I have outstanding is $20 on Jan. 7.
    Sadly the Universal Set has doubled in price.
    Happily, the magnetic pick up tool is on sale again. Hoping it will still be on sale on Jan. 7.

• @my4mainecoons Thanks for the report from the field. Do you know if the automatic 15% off is over now? I assume it is since the signs stated 12/24 end date. I’ve not been to a Sears since Xmas. I suppose everything will probably change tomorrow anyway since it’s a new week, but just curious if that awesome 15% off is definitely gone now!

• Global Moderator

@lo
    The 15% off is gone now.

• Members get $20.19 CASHBACK in points when you spend $20.19 or more on qualifying purchases at Sears.com. Points credit to account next day after transaction and are valid until 1/6/2019. Offer Valid 12/31/2018 through 1/1/2019. Max $20.19 in points per member. Offer Valid 12/31/2018 through 1/1/2019.

• @lo (additional offer details, nothing earth shaking)
    Excludes Lands’ End, Stearns & Foster, Sealy Hybrid, Tempur-Pedic, Tempur-Flex Hybrid, Sealy Conform Performance (High Spirits, Fondness and Thrilled), Sealy Conform Premium (Gratifying and Wondrous). Items must be Sold by Sears. Purchase requirement before taxes and after other discounts and must be made in a single transaction. By accepting Shop Your Way® member benefits and offers, you agree to the Shop Your Way terms and conditions, available at www.shopyourway.com/terms. Members earn points on qualifying purchases, excluding sales taxes and other fees. Extra points are inclusive of, and not in addition to, any base points earned on qualifying purchases. When extra point offers are combined, total points earned will be less than the combined point totals for each individual offer.

• Got this notification today when I searched for something at Sears:

Starting in February, points will no longer qualify toward the free shipping minimum.

• Global Moderator

I got an email yesterday from SYW offering me $10 Freecash for signing up for a personal shopper. I clicked on the link in the email and signed up for a personal shopper. I did not get the Freecash as promised, so I emailed SYW and they said my personal shopper would award the Freecash. I chatted with my personal shopper through the phone app and mentioned the reply I got from SYW customer service and about an hour later I got $10 in SYW points added to my account which expire in two weeks.

• Global Moderator

I was shopping at a closing Sears store two days ago and on my receipt printed a $15 off $15 coupon to be used at Sears.com. Today I was using my $10 in free points I got for adding a personal shopper to my account and on the receipt printed a $5 off $5 coupon for Kmart, good for only 3 days.

• @mrvietnam So can you use still use your points at that closing Sears store?

I figure once the professional liquidators take over (screaming yellow % off signs), it will be cash or charge only. Basically the end of any real deals, too. My local Sears is scheduled to close sometime in March, but hasn’t entered that final phase yet.

Uping the free shipping threshold from $35 to $59 puts a crimp in the online thing, plus as briarycliff noted points won’t even count towards that starting in February. I suspect that stings anybody that went for the $400 points back over 12mo deal, etc

• Global Moderator

@ukedog said in SYWR Points Back with Purchase Offers Thread:

@mrvietnam So can you use still use your points at that closing Sears store?

I figure once the professional liquidators take over (screaming yellow % off signs), it will be cash or charge only. Basically the end of any real deals, too. My local Sears is scheduled to close sometime in March, but hasn’t entered that final phase yet.

Uping the free shipping threshold from $35 to $59 puts a crimp in the online thing, plus as briarycliff noted points won’t even count towards that starting in February. I suspect that stings anybody that went for the $400 points back over 12mo deal, etc

No. At closing stores it it is cash or charge only.

During Sears store closings, how much off do they go to at the end? I was in a few days ago and they were at 75% off. This Sunday is the last day it is open, so I think I will go today or tomorrow and see if they went to 80 or 90% or if 75% is the most they give off . Anyone know how much is the most percent off they will go to? I wonder what they do with all the stuff they didn’t sell? I guess it belongs to the liquidators at that point. During a liquidation sale is it Sears employees or does the liquidator hire their own sales staff?

• Well at my local Sears store they accepted my SYWR points today, and even awarded points!
    But it was only the first day of the actual liquidation, with yellow % signs at 10% for most stuff.
    So no telling how long that will last.

• @mrvietnam said in SYWR Points Back with Purchase Offers Thread:

@ukedog said in SYWR Points Back with Purchase Offers Thread:

@mrvietnam So can you use still use your points at that closing Sears store?

No. At closing stores it it is cash or charge only.

During Sears store closings, how much off do they go to at the end? I was in a few days ago and they were at 75% off. This Sunday is the last day it is open, so I think I will go today or tomorrow and see if they went to 80 or 90% or if 75% is the most they give off . Anyone know how much is the most percent off they will go to? I wonder what they do with all the stuff they didn’t sell? I guess it belongs to the liquidators at that point. During a liquidation sale is it Sears employees or does the liquidator hire their own sales staff?

My local store in PA is closing this weekend, too. Most of the employees I’ve seen are regular Sears employees. I don’t know how low the % off sales go at the end. I’ve been able to use regular SYW points there with no problem. They wouldn’t take Freecash/surprise points or coupons.

• My Sears is closing this Sunday. They still have big signs up saying they accept points, just not freecash/coupons. The original associates are still there (I dropped by today just to say goodbye to them 😢, and all of the ones I was hoping to see were there - I was glad to hear though that most are actually moving to other area stores, so I may still see them again), along with a few new ones whom I assume were either brought in by the liquidators or were hired “seasonally” due to the uptick in customer traffic that the liquidation brought in.

Notably, my store has a huge selection of oriental rugs, which they never sold prior to liquidation. I assume the liquidators last worked a big rug store. But seriously, around half of the inventory that my store still has (used to be 3 floors, now down to about half the 1st floor) is oriental rugs now, and nobody is interested in them. (They are marked as being 80% off with an additional 20% off in the final days, but they kind of started at $1000+ original prices…) I also noticed that the employees manning the rug area are all ones I don’t recognize, so it truly feels like they are just renting out half the store to some failed rug store.

I had dropped by on Tuesday too, and I believe the max discounts were 75% then. Today they were 80%. But a lot of larger items like fitness equipment and furniture had tags on them that were more discounted than that. For example, I saw a big patio table that was reg $499.99 marked down to $25 (not sure if it was a display model possibly - when I saw it, it was in a box, but it had a sold sign on it already). I have heard that on the final day, they may go to 90%, but possibly not at open - it might only happen a few hours into the day, and they might close earlier than expected too. But my store really doesn’t have a lot of quality merchandise remaining, and I don’t think those rugs will be any good even at 90% off.

Totally random story: one of the associates who’s been working at my store for nearly two decades is around 80 years old. I had figured with the store closing, perhaps he could finally enjoy a peaceful retirement. Today when I went to wish him well, he wanted to show me the big orange “sold” sticker on his name badge. The “buyer” is listed as another area store - he will be starting work there next week! I truly loved interacting with some of the associates at this store over the years; some of them certainly had great senses of humor!

• Global Moderator

Same at my store in Costs Mesa, CA. Huge sale on Orientsl rugs and they never carried them before. Hey, if the rugs are 80% off with an extra 20% off the final days, doesn’tthat add Up to free (80% + 20% = 100% off)?

The Sears here has been in business for about 52years at this location. They were one of the ordinal tenets when South Coast Plaza opened back in 1966.I plan to go look over the deals tomorrow and snap a few pictures for. Memories of what was.

It is interesting how they got the last day of liquidation the same for all closing stores in this wave of closings. I guess it makes sense. With all the customers there snatching last minute deals, it made me think how busy I remember this Sears location a long time ago before it became a ghost town customerwise.

• 500 Club

Maybe Oriental rug sellers rent space from stores that are closing. Seems like many stores that liquidate suddenly have Oriental rugs or there are pop up store fronts advertising Oriental rug liquidation. I remember one on 5th Ave NYC that was going out of business for years until they enacted legislation putting a time limit on “going out of business”. If they are legit businesses they’re probably not the best deal.

"Probably 95 to 99 percent of all oriental rug liquidations are scams,"
    says James Ffrench, director of Beauvais Carpets in New York and a rug appraiser
    on TV’s “Antiques Roadshow.” “I often see the same merchandise, supplied by the
    same importer, with the same sales staff, all around the country.”

• Global Moderator

Tomorrow is the last day of my local Sears liquidation sale. Most clothes are now 80 to 85% off. Who knows? Maybe the last day they will go to 90%. I got a replacement edger blade for my Black & Decker Edgehog for $5, which seems to be only 44% off as they go for about $9 at Lowe’s. I think I paid more than I should have though. I just put the item number at Sears.com and it comes up at only $6.96, so it looks like I only got 28% off. Probably buying clothes are the best value.

• @my4mainecoons Fascinating. I had even considered heading back on Sunday to potentially pick up a rug (only because I would be able to use points/Sears GCs to pay, whereas I wouldn’t be able to do so at a real rug store), but in light of that info, I am guessing there is no real deal to be found in those rugs. Come to think of it, during my lifetime, I have also seen a disproportionate number of liquidations involving rug stores and even at some point vaguely thought to myself, “Poor rug stores, they never seem to survive.” Seems this is all part of their survival tactic to begin with. How truly bizarre. I wonder what it is about rugs that would make this type of scam work better for them than other lines of products.

I agree, the best deals remaining are probably just in the apparel, if you have the patience to paw through everything to find something that fits.

• Global Moderator

You can get $10 back in points on a $45+ purchase at Kmart, in store only. Offer ends 1/19/19. Points awarded 1/20/19 and valid through 1/26/19. Maximum $10 in points per member.

• Global Moderator

In case any of you were wondering how low they will go pricewise for the closing stores. My local Sears is now selling pretty much everything in the store at 90 percent off for one day only (the last day of the liquidation sale). The store will permanently close at end of business tonight.

• My Sears had apparel at basically 97% off today (80% off first and then an additional 85% off that). But it was pretty difficult to find anything that fit or was desirable at all. I pulled one shirt off the rack and discovered it only had one sleeve. I bought a plain white shirt (pretty much the only thing I could find that wasn’t ripped/hideous or XXL) for 30 cents, lol.

I’m not even sure what the other products were priced at because there was barely anything remaining…most non-apparel items were either broken or untagged (or rugs, of course). There was a box of Craftsman single wrenches, all the same size, like hundreds of them. The sign next to them only said 50% off (don’t know if true or not, but I’m guessing that’s why they didn’t sell). By the way, the rugs never got majorly marked down either. The ones that had been $165 on Friday were $150 today.

Sometimes I just wish I were…bigger. Probably some really good deals to be had in XXL sizes. 97% off is pretty insane, no matter the retail price. At least I got to say goodbye to a couple more associates I didn’t see the other day. Found out they’re headed to area stores too. I’m going to be so sad for them if those stores all end up on the chopping block later this week.

• Global Moderator

@mrvietnam said in SYWR Points Back with Purchase Offers Thread:

I was shopping at a closing Sears store two days ago and on my receipt printed a $15 off $15 coupon to be used at Sears.com. Today I was using my $10 in free points I got for adding a personal shopper to my account and on the receipt printed a $5 off $5 coupon for Kmart, good for only 3 days.

Good news for me. The $15 off $15 code i got that printed on my receipt at my local Sears liquidation sale that was supposed only to be used at sears.com also works at kmart.com. The coupon probably printed randomly as I did not enter my SYW phone number on that transaction. Anyone else get a coupon print like that when shopping at a Sears liquidation sale? I don’t have a nearby open Sears anymore, bur I do have a Kmart. Just for fun I entered the coupon code at kmart.com and it took it, so I can place an online order at kmart.com with in-store pickup and avoid the shipping fees.

I heard on the news this morning that Sears might start a complete liquidation sale for all remaining stores as early as later this week. They already picked out a liquidator should talks break down, so looks like I better use my $15 coupon the sooner the better.

• @mrvietnam You can use it to buy a $15 Kmart item and $15 Sears item in the same cart. It will take off $30. Both can be for Kmart pickup (assuming the Sears item can ship to a Kmart).

• Global Moderator

Looks like Sears could cease operations as soon as tomorrow (1/8/19) according to cnbc.
    Hope no one is sitting on SYW points. If you are I would spend them tonight or early tomorrow morning or face the very real possibility of losing them.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/07/sears-in-stalemate-with-eddie-lampert-liquidates-without-tuesday-fix.html

It’s lights out for Sears on Tuesday unless Eddie Lampert can sweeten his bid

Sears is planning to announce its decision on Chairman Eddie Lampert’s bid to save the company Tuesday morning, people familiar with situation tell CNBC.
    Sears believes Lampert’s bid is short, and the two parties have been unable to come to a resolution.
    Without a fix, Sears will liquidate.

You can get $10 back in points on a $45+ purchase at Kmart, in store only. Offer ends 1/19/19. Points awarded 1/20/19 and valid through 1/26/19. Maximum $10 in points per member.

Sears has a similar deal, $15 back on $50, in-store only, with the same dates as the Kmart one. Of course I would hold off on doing this offer until it is clearer whether points will still exist on 1/20.

• Global Moderator

nevermind

• Guess I have to go pick up my Sears order today at Hometown. I should get $40 in points when I pick it up. Now I have to find something at Kmart to buy today.

• Global Moderator

@briarycliffs said in SYWR Points Back with Purchase Offers Thread:

Guess I have to go pick up my Sears order today at Hometown. I should get $40 in points when I pick it up. Now I have to find something at Kmart to buy today.

Yes, not positive but quite probably today may be the last chance you will have to use your points.

• Global Moderator

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/06/sears-rejects-eddie-lamperts-bid-to-save-company-will-liquidate-.html

Court allows Chairman Eddie Lampert another chance to buy Sears, pushing off decision to shut stores

Eddie Lampert’s $4.4 billion offer was the only bid that could keep the company going in its entirety.
    Sears, which also owns Kmart, filed for bankruptcy in October.
    ESL plans to contest Sears’ decision, pointing to the money its spent on advisors.

• Well, I picked up my dehumidifier and got the $40ish points a few minutes later. Went to Kmart and walked around for an hour and a half trying to spend the $60ish points I had. Finally got a large bag of dog food, hose nozzle, 2 glasses, a plant, mattress cover, and a bag of fritos. Still have $4 to go as the hose nozzle was half the price that was listed.

I am hoping for next Monday’s $25 in points and the monthly $25 (tires) to hit Tuesday. No clue what to buy if I do get them and I am not sure the Sears Hometown will accept the points anymore.

• 500 Club

@briarycliffs Which offer gave you $40 ish in points?

• @my4mainecoons said in SYWR Points Back with Purchase Offers Thread:

@briarycliffs Which offer gave you $40 ish in points?

I finally made VIP silver and my welcome offer was 20% back in points.

• Sears - Spend $30 on Winter Clothing and get $30 back in points.

Members get $30 CASHBACK in points when you spend $30 or more on qualifying apparel purchases on Sears.com. Points credit to account 1/12/19 and expire 1/14/19. Offer valid 1/9/19 through 1/11/19. Max $30 in points per member.

• Global Moderator

Sears - Spend $30 on Winter Clothing and get $30 back in points.

Members get $30 CASHBACK in points when you spend $30 or more on qualifying apparel purchases on Sears.com. Points credit to account 1/12/19 and expire 1/14/19. Offer valid 1/9/19 through 1/11/19. Max $30 in points per member.

I like the 3 day validity of the points you earn on this offer. Pretty soon these offers might shrink to a one day validity to use the points or maybe even hours. lol

• 500 Club

Well, I picked up my dehumidifier and got the $40ish points a few minutes later. Went to Kmart and walked around for an hour and a half trying to spend the $60ish points I had. Finally got a large bag of dog food, hose nozzle, 2 glasses, a plant, mattress cover, and a bag of fritos. Still have $4 to go as the hose nozzle was half the price that was listed.

I am hoping for next Monday’s $25 in points and the monthly $25 (tires) to hit Tuesday. No clue what to buy if I do get them and I am not sure the Sears Hometown will accept the points anymore.

IDK if it helps but some of the things I’ve picked up at KM: bleach, ziploc bags, trash bags, toilet paper, household cleaners, fabric softener sheets, dishwasher rinse agent, diapers for friends (and they reimburse me with cash), Mobil One, starting fluid, Sta-bil, WD40, rope, gas can, night lights, wireless outdoor thermometer, water softener salt, cat litter, bird feeders, suet, plant supports, parchment paper, Food Saver rolls, Rubbermaid Brilliance (bought all that they had), canning supplies, storage totes, lots of Oxo including Pop Top containers, anything that has a TMF MIR-- e.g. Natrol Gummies if you haven’t done that one yet, Contigo travel mugs, bottled water, milk, eggs, clearance groceries, items with CO51 rebates.

Cashed out my only points yesterday. 2019 pts on 2 accts, bought $5.49 RR magnetic pick up tools on sale $4.99. Spent $1.77 on gc to add $20 back on to gc. x 2.

• 500 Club

@lo said in SYWR Points Back with Purchase Offers Thread:

Sears has a similar deal, $15 back on $50, in-store only, with the same dates as the Kmart one. Of course I would hold off on doing this offer until it is clearer whether points will still exist on 1/20.

Some items show the following. I wonder if there’s a DD if you buy $50 worth of the items.
    Members get an additional 30% CASHBACK in points with the purchase of this item. Points earned will be valid for 14 days.

• @my4mainecoons At least on the deals page, those offers are denoted as online only, but I guess you never know: https://www.sears.com/deals/center/hot-deals.html/dealGrid?event=Members Only

• 500 Club

@lo I knew there had to be a catch. Thanks for pointing that out.

• $30 back on $30 for winter clothing has re-upped:

Members get $30 CASHBACK in points when you spend $30+ on select Apparel items at Sears.com. Points award next day and expire 1/19/2019. Max $30 in points per member.Valid through January 17, 2019 11:59 PM CST

• 500 Club

I actually received Surprise Pts this week-- $15 wyb $600 😆

• Ummmm, there is this deal on Kenmore Elite washers/dryers:

Online only. Get $100 CASHBACK in points to use on Apparel. Items sold by Sears
    Members get $100 CASHBACK in points to redeem on Apparel when you purchase select Laundry items at Sears.com. Points awarded next day after transaction and expire 7 days after issuance. Max $100 in points per member. Online only. Offer valid 1/18/19-1/19/19 11:59pm CST.

Can they really give points only valid for a specific department now? I’m skeptical, but I’m hoping this isn’t a harbinger of things to come.

• 500 Club

@lo There have been so many Apparel deals that I couldn’t think of $100 worth of stuff to get.
    I wouldn’t mind $100 in points for tools.

• @my4mainecoons I expect to see many more apparel deals in the near future. Word on the street is they will downsize softlines in favor of hardlines like appliances and tools, which is likely the proper business decision for them to make. This past week, they have already laid off corporate employees who make apparel purchases from vendors for the company. I imagine they will continue to try to lower their existing apparel inventory, much like what they did with electronics about 4-5 years back.

• Members get $10 CASHBACK in points when you spend $40+ on select items at Sears.com and select Sears stores. Points award next day after transaction and expire after 5 days of issuance. Max $10 in points per member. Offer Valid 1/20/2019 through 2/2/2019.

• 500 Club

I noticed that the Universal set was on sale online for $9.99 but IDK instore price.

• Buy a Kenmore washer and/or dryer from 1/20/19 - 1/26/19 and if the final two college basketball teams have a final score that add ups to 190+ your purchase is free.

Laundry Layup

Offer valid on Sears in-store and online purchases made on Kenmore® and Kenmore Elite® washers and/or dryers. You will receive a full refund for your washer and/or dryer via check by mail postmarked no later than the week of April 29, 2019. Sales tax, protection agreements, delivery, and installation charges will not be refunded. Any returned purchases will not qualify. Any Shop Your Way® points redeemed on this purchase will be returned back to a member’s account if the final teams’ scores reaches 190 or higher.

• @briarycliffs said in SYWR Points Back with Purchase Offers Thread:

Buy a Kenmore washer and/or dryer from 1/20/19 - 1/26/19 and if the final two college basketball teams have a final score that add ups to 190+ your purchase is free.

LOL, are you making this up? Wait, it’s SYW, so it’s likely true!

• Global Moderator

I got a receipt coupon today at Kmart for $5 off a $5 purchase, starting tomorrow and good for 3 days.

I got a receipt coupon today at Kmart for $5 off a $5 purchase, starting tomorrow and good for 3 days.

I just spent one of those that expired today. It doesn’t have the normal exclusions. I used it on some sour candy worms for my cows.

• I added more details to the basketball washer/dryer promotion above. Also, I won $5 in points from Sweeps weekly this morning!! Yeah for me. I saw pools were being stocked at my Kmart, here’s hoping that pool chemicals and gardening stuff are coming soon. I am down to my last bag of bird seed, the birds love the stuff and when it’s on sale, it beats most other stores.

In store only at my Kmart: get $5 in points wyb $25 worth of stuff.

Looks like your connection to PhatWallet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.